best dual fan radiator?

mushrooms

Gawd
i'm looking to buy a dual fan radiator cuz my dtek core is too big to fit in my case. what's a nice decent one that performs well? and would it perform better then a single fan dtek heatercore?

If you have trouble fitting a DTek core that fits 1 120mm fan per side in your case then you have a few options. 1) Build an external box that sits under you case like the Prometias or Vapochills and store the rad, pump and res in it. This would be the cheapest option but take up more space. Also depending on the size you make the box you could later upgrade to a heatercore that fits 2 120mm fans per side 2) Buy a bigger case to fit the DTek core. This would probably be the 2nd cheapest option but obviously you are going to have to mod any case you get to fit the DTek core 3) Buy a smaller rad. This would not be the idea solution as most smaller rads only fit 80 or 92mm fans, dont cool as well as the DTek could, and are usually more expensive.

How all of a sudden do you have room for a dual 120mm radiator? If you are using any of my above suggestions to make room for a bigger rad then you should just use the DTek core you have now as it is more than enough for most people. If you absolutely want or need a dual 120mm rad get a heatercore based one for a price MUCH LESS than the one you linked that will give you better performance and MUCH LESS of a pressure drop compared to the one you linked. I wouldnt be suprised if the rad you linked actually HURT the performance of your system rather than helping.

We'll have compatable nickel-plated brass 12mm (1/2") barbed fittings available within the next 10 days or so when US Customs clears the imports. If you need anything at all, please just ask.

-Dan

Animal982 said:
How all of a sudden do you have room for a dual 120mm radiator?

Those D-Tek Pro cores look massive for a single fan radiator. That dual fan radidator looks to be a lot slimmer if a bit longer.

Back