Best Buy 9600 GTs

GJSNeptune

[H]F Junkie
According to their website, it seems they only sell a BFG 9600 GT, and for way too much. I haven't been to a store for awhile, so I don't know if the stores carry more than BFG. Does anyone (maybe who works there) know if they'll be offering other brands soon?

I have some gift cards I'd like to put towards a 9600 GT and a new keyboard. They have a decent price on the Logitech G15 version 2, but the BFG 9600 GT is $230. If they get some more brands or models in later, maybe they'd have better prices? Long shot, I know.

According to their website, it seems they only sell a BFG 9600 GT, and for way too much. I haven't been to a store for awhile, so I don't know if the stores carry more than BFG. Does anyone (maybe who works there) know if they'll be offering other brands soon?

I have some gift cards I'd like to put towards a 9600 GT and a new keyboard. They have a decent price on the Logitech G15 version 2, but the BFG 9600 GT is $230. If they get some more brands or models in later, maybe they'd have better prices? Long shot, I know.
Best buy carries two brands of Nvidia card in stores, BFg and PNY. The PNY's are not in yet. They usually lag behind by about a month or so.

Damn, that sucks. I need to use these gift cards, yet I refuse to pay their prices.

Hi,

You could always sell the cards and use the money for buying another 9600GT for alot less or something else for the same price. BB is going to be hurtin if the economy keeps doing what it is doing. Consumers will wise up and realize they are not as much of a best buy. There was an interesting article on MSN about how many of the big chain type stores are getting hurt in a big way with this current economy.

shaggy

I tried selling the cards. No one bit. I might as well use them myself so I don't take a hit to their value. Just need a good deal. I wouldn't mind a BFG card, but not for $230 when I can get all kinds of 9600 GTs for under $200 at Newegg.

I tried selling the cards. No one bit. I might as well use them myself so I don't take a hit to their value. Just need a good deal. I wouldn't mind a BFG card, but not for $230 when I can get all kinds of 9600 GTs for under $200 at Newegg.
The BFG DOES have a lifetime warranty...

That's just a gimmick. :D

I have a Mad Dog GeForce 4 MX440 from 2004 I think that would still work. It liked to get caught up in an infinite loop and crash during my screensaver though. I think the screensaver was a little too taxing on it.

Two weeks they were on sale for $199 at my store. I'll PM you if they go on sale at my store again.

Can't you stand out front of BB and scalp the cards, or craigslist them. C'mon be creative, and daring!

Maybe if it were summer!

That's not a bad idea, but I'll never succumb to the lowness of scalping anything.

Ok GJSNeptune, BBY has the BFG 9600GT's on sale now. All BFG cards 15% off in stores. I dunno about online, but in store it's 15% off. It would be like $195. Not bad for a BFG if you can use your gift cards.

Take care.

[edit] I'd be hard pressed to buy one though, even with gift cards, and even though it's BFG, which I'm a huge fan of. Because there's so many good sales online right now. BBY's just a day late and a dollar short on this sale. Needs to be more like 20% to be more competitive.... [/edit]

[edit]I was WRONG! It's a PNY sale not a BFG sale. I'm sorry for the blatant misinformation. Please forgive! [/edit]

Back