Benchmark PhysX

dpoverlord

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a GTX 690 and I installed my old GTX 460 for PhysX. Is there a way to benchmark this? I don't have borderlands to see, but am very interested

I used to run hybrid physics and always used Mafia II's built in benchmark. It's fairly heavy on physx. Dirt 2 uses physx also, but to a much lesser extent. I would think that there are too many variables and randomly generated objects within Borderlands 2 to make it good for benchmarking.

Also an older one to benchmark with is Cryostasis. They have a techdemo you can grab and test out your physx.

It's a bit of an older title, but I think the first F.E.A.R. utilizes PhysX and also has a built in benchmark tool. Can anyone confirm?

Also an older one to benchmark with is Cryostasis. They have a techdemo you can grab and test out your physx.

Eww. I wouldn't. With what little attention that game got even that much was overhyped. It really let me down. I still can't believe gamespot gave it an 8/10. I liked what it was trying to do, but poorly executed.

Batman Arkham Asylum and/or City
Borderlands 2
Mafia 2
Lost Planet 2
Metro 2033
PlanetSide 2

It's a bit of an older title, but I think the first F.E.A.R. utilizes PhysX and also has a built in benchmark tool. Can anyone confirm?

Nope. It has a form of PhysX in it's coding much like Bioshock with water, but not in the traditional sense like these suggested games.

Also PhysX Games List

Last edited:
Eww. I wouldn't. With what little attention that game got even that much was overhyped. It really let me down. I still can't believe gamespot gave it an 8/10. I liked what it was trying to do, but poorly executed.

Did you play the game all the way through? I personally found it to be quite brilliant. Really picked up towards the end and all. Great game and GREAT Physx!!!

Did you play the game all the way through? I personally found it to be quite brilliant. Really picked up towards the end and all. Great game and GREAT Physx!!!

Mostly through until I got tired it. I've heard the games ending is worth praising, but I stand firmly on the logic that if one has to drudge through a bad game to experience whatever spectacular ending it may have it still doesn't take away from the fact that you had to play through all the crap to experience it. I'm a lot more forgiving of a game for having a great play through with a lousy ending than vice versa. Games are for our entertainment. If I am not being entertained until I reach a certain point near the end then it isn't worth the hours of investment. I won’t knock somebody for liking a bad game, but I’m not going to pretend a bad game isn’t bad just to spare someone their feelings toward the game. So again, I liked what it was trying to do, really, but it was poorly executed. If news broke out that another Cryostasis game was in the works I would certainly give it a chance.

Back