average temp of athlon xp 1800+ ..

draconius

2[H]4U
Hey all , just a quick question...i have an athlon xp 1800 box (brand spanking new :D, not the one in sig below) and i got an lcd for my case, and got it to read out system temps...and right now, it is hovering at ~81-82º Farenheit. is that okay? I dont relaly know the average temp an athlon should run at...so eh...any help is appreciated.

My XP 2200+ is currently SLIGHTLY overclocked with a coolermaster heat pipe (nothing that great) and averages 125 F ... you really dont need to worry at ALL with that temp....get worried when you get over 150 F

Your temps are fine, my xp1600 runs at 50C all the time and it runs flawless for the last 2 years.

Yep, mine hovers around 31C under load, (1800+ TbredB), course I have a big ass Tt Silent Boost on it.

I have xp1800 with AX-7 and Panaflo L1A 31 idle and 35 under load

draconius what HSF and cooling are you running? I know my temps on my AXP1800+ are within spec (~42C being online and using Winamp, not sure about load temps yet) but I'm just curious since I see most people running under load with temps lower than 40C.

Well first there are 2 types of 1800+s, there are the Palominos (hotter) and the TbredAs and Bs (I guess those are 3 types then) and the Tbreds are a LOT cooler running like mine.

My gas is out today and it is about 62-63F ambient in the room, it is running about 67F half-load.

I checked out my core and I have the Palomino core. Is it safe to assume I'm getting decent temps with the Volcano 9? I know as long as it's under like 50C I'm fine but I want to leave myself a little room to overclock.

My 1600+ (palo) runs...

idle
cpu: 39c
system: 30c

full load
cpu: 44-45c
system: 31-32c

i've got a thermalright sk-7 with a 80mm sunon that's been 7v'd

Nevermind, I reapplied some Artic Silver and it seems to be idling around 33-35C with a case temp of around 20C :D

Back