ASUS A9900 (GFX 5800 non ultra) Flashed to ultra issues

mtbaird

Gawd
flashed my 5800 non ultra to 5800 ultra bios, the higher fan speeds get my temps even lower, and ironically my card is cooler in game then out of game (when the fan slows down), i can see an obvious performance increase and everything runs relaly swell now

buuuuuut i'm getting a weird freeze problem, every 2 minutes or so the game freezes for about 10-20 seconds, including keyboard, but i'm able to alt tab out after a while and close the game. only happens in full 3d games, and i'm stumped, as my temps stay around 41 load, 43 idle on my vid card. my cpu temps are 50 so i dont think overheating is an issue

cpu temps come from MBM, vid card temps come from the temperature settings in the display window.

was using msi bios at first, then heard that leadteks were excellent so i switched to that one but i got no improvements, i'm currently using the leadtek bios. the flashings went perfectly smooth and i never got any issues in there, and the comp runs perfectly stable on desktop/2d mode. tia 4 any help u can give

^thats what a friend told me to write, anyone konw whats up

Back