Aqua-Computer and Alphacool Review

[S]nt|Mods

Limp Gawd
Since it seems that the interest is growing in Aqua-Computer water cooling components I thought that this may be of some additional interest to those that have..........er..........interest.

Insanetek.com

-Dan

I use 3/8 ID tubing, so German style WC parts look like they'd suit me pretty well. I have had some trouble (read a royal pain in the ass) finding a gpu block that will fit on my 9600 Pro (Tried Swiftech, Silverprop had great service but unfortunately they don't think the block will fit, and DD has been unresponsive to any mail I've sent in the past, so I didn't even bother asking them), I've already tried American and Australian, guess that makes it time for the Germans to get a chance. Do you know if the Twinplex will fit on the 9600 Pro? Also, do you have any TEC gpu blocks?

Also if you know of any other reviews of this block (in english) could you post them up? The results in that review look great, but it only compares to stock cooling, which doesn't really mean very much.

How exactly is that a review? To me it's more like an article about your waterblocks.

The only thing the blocks are compared to is near stock air cooling. The review tells the reader nothing at all about the performance of the blocks relative to other availible blocks, and has not way whatsoever of testing the performance of the block seperate from the system it is used in.

server_error said:
Do you know if the Twinplex will fit on the 9600 Pro? Also, do you have any TEC gpu blocks?

Also if you know of any other reviews of this block (in english) could you post them up? The results in that review look great, but it only compares to stock cooling, which doesn't really mean very much.

I dont have any TEC GPU blocks but I'll probably be creating my own mounting brackets in the future that will be able to also utilize TEC with the German gear. I have a 9600xt lying around so I'll give it a looksies, if the Twinplex mounting screen doesnt fit.......I can make something that will.

Also, OCfaq.com should be posting a review of both a waterblock roundup and an in-depth review of a complete Aqua-Computer WC system soon enough....I hope.

-Dan

Thanks, send me a PM if you can gin up a mounting bracket for it, be sure to let me know if you get that TEC mount made too.

server_error said:
I use 3/8 ID tubing, so German style WC parts look like they'd suit me pretty well. I have had some trouble (read a royal pain in the ass) finding a gpu block that will fit on my 9600 Pro (Tried Swiftech, Silverprop had great service but unfortunately they don't think the block will fit

You can MAKE a Swiftech MCW50 fit.. I did this for my brothers setup.

AIW1.JPG

AIW2.JPG

Took a little modding, but it can be done. :)

But Dan is pretty handy.. hes making a 6800 screen for the twinplex for a customer. Id say he can make something for you. :)

Nice job making that MCW50 fit.... but I had the MCW50-T, so with a layer of heavy neoprene, it'll cover up the AGP connects . I'm trying to find something with a TEC right now that will fit, but I've started to give up this card's ability to have a TEC on it. I'm thinking I'll upgrade my card in November or December, see if I can get one of those crazy 4 AM day after thanksgiving or christmas deals on one of the new gen cards (Got myself a 52x Lite-on for $5 , 100 free cd-rs, and other minor stuff this way last year), so if I get one of these blocks, and then could adapt it for a TEC and a different card later with some brackets, then that would work.

Giblet Plus! said:
How exactly is that a review? To me it's more like an article about your waterblocks.

The only thing the blocks are compared to is near stock air cooling. The review tells the reader nothing at all about the performance of the blocks relative to other availible blocks, and has not way whatsoever of testing the performance of the block seperate from the system it is used in.

nt|Mods - Are you going to respond to my question? To me it seems like you are using this forum as little more than a means to advertise your products.

that is not much of a fair performance review....
something along the lines of phaestus's procooling.com waterblock reviews is what i am hopeing for, so we can actually get a fair comparison and idea of how well these systems work.. :eek:

Back