Apple Ties For Third In U.S. PC Market

HardOCP News

[H] News
Although Apple did not rank in the top five PC makers globally, the company is estimated to be the third largest PC maker in the United States with 5.6% market share.

Apple's third-place crown was not final, given that Apple does not release sales numbers for the Mac until it releases earnings. "Apple, of all the PC vendors, hasn't shared estimates, so it's our best guest without the numbers," IDC analyst David Daoud said in an interview.

Man, to be able to get good press without even releasing any factual data? That's hella impressive. I wish I could get my GPA raised by a point before my grades were out. :rolleyes:

LOL "We just throw them in third place because the didn't give up any numbers to know where they really are."

And this
Apple is benefiting from the failure of Microsoft's Windows Vista to spur much of an increase in PC sales. That's because support for software and hardware, such as digital cameras, camcorders and printers, still lags on Vista

what the hell?

And this
what the hell?

*shrugs* People either don't buy new computers because Vista won't work with what they have, or people will buy all new computers just to be able to run Vista. I've not seen any actual numbers about post-Vista sales vs. pre.

lol I didn't even notice there was a second page to the article. Then I saw this and it made me laugh even more.
Apple, however, did not make the top-five vendors in the United States in Gartner's standings. Researchers' findings often differ because of methodology.

Is somebody in someone else's pocket somewhere? How can these pull this shit out of their asses and retain any credibility?

If this aint slanted then I don't know what is. These are probably the same guys who built the leaning tower of pisa.... "What!?? It's perfectly straight and accurate!"

If this aint slanted then I don't know what is. These are probably the same guys who built the leaning tower of pisa.... "What!?? It's perfectly straight and accurate!"

At least Pisa was plumb at one point :D

I haven't bought a prebuilt desktop computer since the Amiga 1200 (back in 1993). I know of these other brands only through my workplace.

I'm curious to know if more people buy Apple computers or roll their own Windows/Linux box. Probably just isn't way to know.

I haven't bought a prebuilt desktop computer since the Amiga 1200 (back in 1993). I know of these other brands only through my workplace.

I'm curious to know if more people buy Apple computers or roll their own Windows/Linux box. Probably just isn't way to know.

Agreed. It would be nice to know where 'Do-it-yourself' ranks.

Back