APC Easy UPS On-Line SRV 3000VA 230V SRV3KI fan

a3Dman

n00b
Hello,

Is it normal for this UPS to keep running the fan on full speed all the time at 60db and for it not being detected by windows when connected using USB?

is it new? is it old and just started doing it? have you turned it off and on again? tried another usb cable/port? any troubleshooting done?
max fan should only be when its running a high load off battery. at least thats how the 2500/120v units like that ive used operated...

is it new? is it old and just started doing it? have you turned it off and on again? tried another usb cable/port? any troubleshooting done?
max fan should only be when its running a high load off battery. at least thats how the 2500/120v units like that ive used operated...
It's new, got it yesterday. turned it off and on multiple times while troubleshooting but still the fan is on top speed. For USB, I tried 3 cables on Windows and macOS, my other Easy UPS SMV works fine on both.

Would it be because it's an online UPS that its fan keeps on all the time? I think that would be strange since it's operating on 21c/70f all the time...

k. did you install drivers first, then plug in the usb? is it not shown at all in device manager at all?
"online" shouldnt matter.

but the specs do say:
Audible noise at 1 meter from surface of unit: 50.0dBA
so maybe it is just a fixed speed fan. doesnt explain why its not seen though.
might want to inquire with apc...

k. did you install drivers first, then plug in the usb? is it not shown at all in device manager at all?
"online" shouldnt matter.

but the specs do say:
Audible noise at 1 meter from surface of unit: 50.0dBA
so maybe it is just a fixed speed fan. doesnt explain why its not seen though.
might want to inquire with apc...
I installed the only available software on the page which is a Java monitoring tool it can connect to the UPS, but still the operating system can't detect it, which won't allow me to configure it to shutdown in case UPS battery is about to run out. The other Easy UPS SMV I have didn't need any driver and was supported natively.

From the specs page I have https://www.apc.com/eg/en/product/SRV3KI/apc-easy-ups-online-srv-3000va-230v/, it only shows acoustic level of 50dBA, but so the specs of my other UPS shows 45dBA, but the other UPS is only loud when discharging/charging so I thought it would be the same case with this, specially both are "Easy UPS"

I contacted them already, but they didn't seem sure about both inquiries and want me to send them the unit, which is a hassle for 26kg one, so I just wanted to inquire from owners of the same UPS.

Back