anyone ran an aftermarket HSF in an XPC?

IveBeenBad

[H]F Junkie
I dont like the stock cooler, its crap and I cant even OC a tiny bit. Does anyone know if anything else will fit in its place and what are some recomendations for good cooling at a low noise level?

the SLK-900a has been popular for the amd variety
the cage has to be modified, or just rearrange things inside of it,

great performance when done right

When you say cage, do you mean the drive cage or the stock fan cage?

Funny thing is, i sold an slk900 about 2 months ago :(

water cooling... short of that... the ICE cooler is great. very efficent... just get a stronger fan and control it in speedfan.

how are u trying to OC?

and what model do u have?

jaxx said:
water cooling... short of that... the ICE cooler is great. very efficent... just get a stronger fan and control it in speedfan.

how are u trying to OC?

and what model do u have?

sk41g trying to OC the FSB

I hope you like high temps because that's what you're going to get if you don't use the I.C.E.

Low 40s.

But you gotta understand that your temps are a result of your components (videocard, cpu, hdds) and the small form factor. The ICE is on your side.

agentzero9 said:
Low 40s.

But you gotta understand that your temps are a result of your components (videocard, cpu, hdds) and the small form factor. The ICE is on your side.
i wish i got low 40's,

im stuck in the 52idle - 55cload damn voltage

but if it wasnt for that, and 3200+ @ 1.475v, ya, 45idle, 47 load

55 c is fine... up to 65c is ok

try overclocking within windows, see if that helps, i assume that ur doing it the normal way in ur BIOS...

clockgen from CPUID is good... just download it for ur chipset.

if u cant clock in there, then well, i think that u better test out that chip and make sure its a-OK for overclocking.

paulmofyourhand said:
ya i know its ok, but it heats up my room, lol , very noticeable
Urhmm? It's not making any more or less heat either way. You're just getting it out of the case more efficiently, which is what's important. You'll heat up the room the same either way once it all stabilizes, because better cooling doesn't mean you're putting out fewer watts.

Well the SK41G is based on the ancient KM266 chipset and is only rated for 133mhz FSB. How high are you trying to go and with what chip? These are important things to share when you're having troubles with an overclock.

paulmofyourhand said:
the diff between my proc at 45c and 55c , is noticeable in my room
I feel sorry for your computer then since that's where the heat is staying.

My 2.4 idles on 28*C with the ICE system, and that's with 1.575 vcore, no complaints here.

must be cold in your room then :p

this is miami... my house dosent even idle at that

Back