Anyone plays DOD Source?!

aznpxdd

2[H]4U
Doesn't seem like DOD Source gets talk a lot on here, does anyone still play it..the game is still fairly new. I wouldn't mind playing with some [H] gamers, since barely anyone works together in pubs. My Xfire is aznpxdd913...add me if you want to play sometimes.

Yeah I do from time to time, I enjoy the game. But maybe it's because I am a Half-Life fan :( .

Haven't played it in a while though I played it alot when it first came out. The combat is too limited to really be played more than a couple weeks or months before it gets old. Not enough maps either but it was a fun game. I play Red Orchestra these days.

I play it when I feel like TKing people with the shovel. I always get a kick out of the backstab animation with it.

Yeah, DOD really needs more map, most people already know the official maps by heart. Good thing is that in the coming weeks, they are releasing a new mode and a new map with it, Jagd.

And the post above...damn TKers.. :mad: .

It gets boring really fast for me. I hoping with the new mode coming out and some new maps it would peak my interest again.

I played it some back home, occasionally switching over from CS, but theres just something about CS that keeps me coming back for more, and DOD doesnt quite have it...

For some reason, that's the opposite for me. I used to play CS 1.6 a lot, but I lost interest in Source. I guess after playing DOD and BF2, the respawn system spoiled me a bit, I'm too impatient to wait for rounds to end now.

I play. I will add you. Always good to have an extra name or two on there. You'll be seeing an invite from this same name. I like it. I been taking a break from Bf2 with it, but now I play a lot of Oblivion. I'll be on at least once or twice a week though i'm sure. I personally prefer DoD way more than CS:S. The people playing seem to be an added bonus. A lot less people screaming retarded crap into the mics.

Used to play more, but I'm playing some RPG's now. Just a bit tired of fps's right now, but that's my favorite right now. I should play that again soon.

I can play css forever, but DODs just plain sucks. The recoil is what makes it suck, and suck real bad.

I know they are going for some realism but that was way overkill. Its a game. I'm with the other dude, I only play it when I plan on doing nothing but tk'ing. Its halarious to see how mad some of those guys get when I club them with the shovel. My favorite is when I heard them on the mic's and they all yell to kick me in frantic voices....lol

Firewall said:
I can play css forever, but DODs just plain sucks. The recoil is what makes it suck, and suck real bad.

I know they are going for some realism but that was way overkill. Its a game. I'm with the other dude, I only play it when I plan on doing nothing but tk'ing. Its halarious to see how mad some of those guys get when I club them with the shovel. My favorite is when I heard them on the mic's and they all yell to kick me in frantic voices....lol

You're the prime example why the industry should remove all warning labels from everything. That way, people like you would be a thing of the past after just one generation.

So, please don't reproduce.

ScYcS said:
You're the prime example why the industry should remove all warning labels from everything. That way, people like you would be a thing of the past after just one generation.

So, please don't reproduce.

Hmmm, lets work this out. Remove me, a producing member of society who plays once in a while, OR remove people like you who live in their parents basements, work part time (at best) and do nothing with their lives but devot them to a video game.

Yeah, society will get far with people like you at the helm lol...

do I even have to explain why getting that worked up over a game makes you a total loser? I play css a lot, and when I come across a tk'er, I just ignore them. I run from spawn to where I want to go. they don't bother me. I'm glad to see I cause you grief though. Puts a smile on my face. :D

Firewall said:
Hmmm, lets work this out. Remove me, a producing member of society who plays once in a while, OR remove people like you who live in their parents basements, work part time (at best) and do nothing with their lives but devot them to a video game.

do I even have to explain why getting that worked up over a game makes you a total loser? I play css a lot, and when I come across a tk'er, I just ignore them. I run from spawn to where I want to go. they don't bother me. I'm glad to see I cause you grief though. Puts a smile on my face. :D

I'm not even going to discuss this with you nor will i fall for your flame bait. I'm sure others will be more than happy to discuss your point of view.

Firewall said:

Who says he plays all the time or lives in his parents' basement? How do you know he doesn't work 60 hours a week, and has about 30 minutes to play on a free weekday night?

You're so busy, right, but here you are taking your supposedly oh-so-valuable free time to go around and grief people and ruin their gaming experience for no good reason other than to be an immature asshole. If you'd suspect anyone here of being a non-productive member of society, I think it would be safe to pick you.

What's the point? Is this how you get out some sort of frustration? Why not just go walk around on the street and push random people over?

I don't know how a thread about DoD:S can go so far off topic...

I recently played in a tournament and found that the MG (My favorite weapon) was pretty much useless... :(

I play DoD classic still, but won't play DoD:S untill the make the changes to make it the same as classic (or until they release a full version of DoD:C)

Gnu314 said:
I play DoD classic still, but won't play DoD:S untill the make the changes to make it the same as classic (or until they release a full version of DoD:C)

What changes are these?

Uhh... from memory... Recoil, accuracy, wall penetration, weapon distribution (rocket grenades and lack of sidearms is terrible, as is lack of bayonet on the Kar/butt on garand), I'm convinced that the deploy time is faster but I have no proof of that. Also the lack of the ability to stop sound is really annoying. Its just an entirely different game than classic and I don't like the changes. I like the graphics and the environments and most of the subtle changes to the levels but... the gameplay just isn't DoD.

Edit: Heres the Wiki with all the changes from classic...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_Defeat:_Source

Back