anyone having Far Cry problems, will not load

Menelmarar

Supreme [H]ardness
anyone else having problems?
It never gets past a small fraction of the load bar.

system in sig

First time loaded it, turned graphics on high, started game, hung up and made loud poppings. sounds blasters are known to be glitchy, so I pressed reset.

pulled soundcard out of system physically, and booted up, ran game the same thing

uninstalled game, delted program directory, rebooted, reextracted from .zip file, reinstalled and noticed that .dll files were being dropped on my E: drive for some reason by the installer, went and looked and yup its throwing random dll files all over the place...wtf....start game leaving all settings default this time, doesn't work

uninstalled again and wiped install directory, disabled all drives except C:, then it dumped dlls there, tried game at default settinsg, hung up again

harddrive light stops, went and watched a segment of tv with roomates while let it sit once which was probably 5-10min nothing happened, ctrlaltdel doens't work, neither do other windows keys

no blue screen, or driver errors to point to particular hardware, normally videocard would bluescreen so don't think that.

been playing prince of persia recently, vice city, UT2003, ghost recon, all work fine.

any ideas?

edit: just found two other threads of people having issues, one with extraction issues which im not, and nother guy that gets as far as 90%, wtf, i only get to like 5%. doesn't make sense

works fine for me. (the demo). Seemed sluggish not sure if it's me though.

If you haven't done so, update your video drivers. (You didn't specify if you had.)

Also I noticed something at the end of the installation that said my AGP apeture setting was too low. I changed it to higher than 64(suggested by program.).

Change all your video settings to low, try changing sound settings to no hardware, and start from there.

Also I noticed something at the end of the installation that said my AGP apeture setting was too low. I changed it to higher than 64(suggested by program.).

How exactly is this done?

Mine worked when I dumbed the graphics down. Start with low settings, and see if that works. Then try medium, then high, etc.

worked fine for me :D. i have everything on High, but sometimes it does stutter though :(

Originally posted by csims
If you haven't done so, update your video drivers. (You didn't specify if you had.)

Change all your video settings to low, try changing sound settings to no hardware, and start from there.
running CAT4.1, made some modifications, about to try again

just reinstalled, and the fucking game dumped the DLLs back on my E: for some reason WTF kidna shit is this throwing files all over my system...what a POS, i would have stopped by now if it wasn't for how much everyone is praising it

Menelmarar where did u download the game from.
Maybe its not all there or corrupted in some form or another. Try redownloading it from other site first or get a working copy from someone else u know.

As for all the dll files all over the place, I have them on my c: drive and non on my 2nd drive (e: ), I don't know what would cause that, seeing that I installed the game off my e: drive.
But that may be the problem, that the game is asking for the dll files and can't find them on the c: or doesn't have permission to use the files on the e: drive.

Best bet its the version of the game u downloaded and non thing to do w/ ur system/drivers.

Originally posted by kennyfett
How exactly is this done?

In BIOS, on my board it's under advanced somewhere..can't tell you since I'm not in BIOS right now. ;)

Back