Anyone else waiting for the X800XT?

[BB] Rick James said:
Ok what do you guys think? I really wanted the XT but I couldn't fricking wait; damn I'm an idiot. Should I sell my Pro and get the XT? Do you guys think it would be worth it?

Not if it's an OEM. I'd rather get a full retail card with the accompanying warranties, documentation and included software and/or games.

i have an ATI brand x800xt pe on order from my CDW rep as well - he gave it to me for $418 with our company "discount." hell yeah! i called today and he said it still looks like June 15 they will be taking delivery. he claims i am in the first batch since I ordered on May 20th, but i'm not counting on it.

Denaps, count on it. I ordered mine on June 5th and was told by a rep that I would be able to recieve mine on the first batch. They said they order enough cards from ATI to fill all the pre-orders and will have some left over for additional orders :eek:. I guess they order a ton of cards because when i called they already had about 400+ on pre-order. However, it depends if ATI ships them the amount they requested. They may ship half of what CDW orders so it all depends on its availability from the start. Either way I guarantee it that you will get yours :).

Rick James, I would hold off until the XT/PEs are widely available and have retail shipping drivers. Every driver out there, except beta drivers, won't support the XT/PE. There is a rage member who received his XT (oem, with oem drivers) and said that benchmarks crash and games don't run well with the 4.5s. So be patient, your PRO will be fine for a few more weeks :D.

agar said:
Rick James, I would hold off until the XT/PEs are widely available and have retail shipping drivers. Every driver out there, except beta drivers, won't support the XT/PE. There is a rage member who received his XT (oem, with oem drivers) and said that benchmarks crash and games don't run well with the 4.5s. So be patient, your PRO will be fine for a few more weeks :D.

whos the rage3d guy with a x800xt?

I gave up and bough an X800 pro today with overnight shipping. I'll either RMA or sell it when I can buy an X800XT.

merlin704 said:
I see alot of people buying the X800 Pro. Though I will say it is a nice card, I'm holding off for the Daddy X800XT.:)

Anyone else doing the same?

Nope, I'm sticking with the 9800XT... maybe I'll wait till all the hype dies out.

By tsunami451

Actually the one I got from Allstarshop was a full version ATI X800 XT PE. Even registered for warranty on Ati website. Its the damn drivers that are killing me not $550 bucks it cost me(bought it before price jumped). None of Ati's cat drivers support the card. Using oems that do. games are running but benchmarks crash...3dmark, Aquamark, so on. im going to wait for the cat 4.6 this month and see what happens. I hope it fixes the prob.

It really doesn't make me think that he actually has the card in his hands. He could be speculating about the drivers. I don't know. Eitherway, without a pic of it in his hands I am having a hard time believing it.

Link

The more I think about it, I don't want to spend over $500 for a video card. I would pay $400 but not a penny more. Especially when in a year something better and faster will be out.

When will video card manufacturers realize that $500+ is WAY to much for a gaming video card. :(

merlin704 said:
The more I think about it, I don't want to spend over $500 for a video card. I would pay $400 but not a penny more. Especially when in a year something better and faster will be out.

When will video card manufacturers realize that $500+ is WAY to much for a gaming video card. :(
when people like in this thread stop buying it when it first comes out. :p

heh, all the hype helps the price, not too mention the bragging rights to be the first on your block with the super deluxe state of the art Video card/blender/can opener/massager.

/sarcasm

I say its a fair price if you want the power.

In the first page of the thread someone asked about ETA on the HIS Iceq II X800XT. I just recieved an email back from HIS today and this is what they had to say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear XXXX

Greetings from Hightech Information System Limited(HIS)!

Thanks so much for your interest in our HIS Excalibur Radeon X800 XT IceQ II
256MB. This product will be launched at about Early July 2004. And it is
going to be distributed by the following e-tailers in the U.S.A.

www.ewiz.com
www.newegg.com
www.superpcmart.com

We will keep your inquiry in our record. When this product is available for
your purchase in the U.S.A., we will inform you immediately.

Thanks again for your Favourable Support to us!

Sounds good to me. I'll be ordering from a distributor through my job instead of a retailer so maybe I can get it sooner. Can't wait!

I got antsy and checked with Gateway, on my order on Friday, 4 June, for the Radeon X800XT 8X APG 256MB.

Go this response today:

Thank you for your online order request. Unfortunately this item listed below is out of stock with an estimated arrival date of 07/09/2004. Please contact me to let me know if you wish to cancel.

I think I'll leave it on back order. :D

betaman10 over at Rage3d just received his BBA XT/PE from allstar shop. The link below comes with pics and benchmarks with the new cat 4.6s. *keeps fingers crossed for June 15th*.

Link

I may pick one up down the road if the price is right. I'm waiting for PCI-E to come out to do a full system upgrade.

Neocorteqz said:
heh, all the hype helps the price, not too mention the bragging rights to be the first on your block

Weeell, the X800 XT PE is about TWICE as fast (in the latest games, at 1280x1024, with AA+aniso) as the previous king, the 9800 XT. I wouldn't call that a hype... instead, I'd call it the biggest performance jump so far from one video generation to another. To me, it's reason enough to sell my 9800XT. No CPU upgrade will give you such a performance surge.

Yep I sold my 9800XT as well and I ordered my X800XT from CDW. Hopefully it will ship this tuesday or wednesday.

man, that HIS X800XT on the first page is nice as hell ... I'm definitely gonna get it once I've got $500 to spend. :D

Blah, if you buy a HIS card
#1 You probally have sensitive ears if the fan on any video card thats ATI bothers you.
#2 You like to overclock $500 items that are sensitive to OCing such as videocards
#3 It looks like a real "Nice looking card, but other then OCing, whats it needed for, pickup a damn retail or OEM ATI and stop denying yourself this card ! I have one and love it <3
#4 If his runs there cards over $550 I have to say it's teh total ripoff =/.

blizzle said:
In the first page of the thread someone asked about ETA on the HIS Iceq II X800XT. I just recieved an email back from HIS today and this is what they had to say.

Dear XXXX

Greetings from Hightech Information System Limited(HIS)!

Thanks so much for your interest in our HIS Excalibur Radeon X800 XT IceQ II
256MB. This product will be launched at about Early July 2004. And it is
going to be distributed by the following e-tailers in the U.S.A.

www.ewiz.com
www.newegg.com
www.superpcmart.com

We will keep your inquiry in our record. When this product is available for
your purchase in the U.S.A., we will inform you immediately.

Sounds good to me. I'll be ordering from a distributor through my job instead of a retailer so maybe I can get it sooner. Can't wait!

I sent a similar email, and got a similar response:

Greetings from Hightech Information System Limited (HIS)!

Thank you so much for your interest in our HIS Excalibur Radeon X800XT
IceQ II Graphics Board.

This product will be launched in the U.S.A at about End July 2004, and it will be available for your purchase at the following on-line
retailers.

www.newegg.com
www.ewiz.com
www.superpcmart.com

We will keep your inquiry in our record. When the product is available, we will inform you immediately.

:(

That HIS board looks awesome. I opted for the Sapphire x800pro w/VIVO for $450 from allstarshop.com. Here is what it can do after flashing it to XT:

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2723783

just a little temptation for you guys who are having a hard time waiting for the true XTs to come out.

phas3d

ps. ive had the card up to 575/598 but have not benched with 3dmark03 yet. Im putting a waterblock on it tonight.

Back