Any speculation on Creative's new sound card?

neoreturns

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone know if Creative intends to release a Audigy 3? Or do they plan to revamp their lineup?

I'm really tempted to upgrade to a Audigy 2 ZS from my GTXP (just for the fancy stuff like EAX3/4) and there should be a pretty good sound improvement too.

But at the same time I guess i'll be playing the waiting game, just with all the new hardware thats going to be coming out soon :(

I haven't heard anything about an Audigy 3 in production (or in R&D) at the moment. If they did, it'd be pretty hard to make it better (x out the resampling issue) than their current line up. Since consumer end sound cards are reaching their potential (again, not including things such as DD encoding on the fly) in terms of sound quality period, Creative will undoubtly release a card with something along the lines of "EAX ADVANCED HD X SUPER 5" for purely marketing purposes. We'll just have to wait and see how other products turn out and actually make use of the high quality sound cards on the market. Things like DVD-A (not exactly mainstream yet), etc.

Back