Any programs/software to monitor/check status of your HD?

AcidicRage

Limp Gawd
Over the past few months, I started to hear some noises and up to this day, I have not been able to identify the noise, but this is not the issue or concern. At first, I thought it would be my hard drive, but then I rechecked by opening the case and unplugging the molex connectors to the HD and it was fine, so it must be something else. My main concern right now is to ACTUALLY check if the HD is ok and up to status. I will be doing some major video editing within the next few weeks and I want my HD to be up to par and still good as poor HD performance can cause the unwanted errors during transferring/capturing/editing/such. Currently, I have a 80GB Western Digital with 2MB buffer. I want to know if there are actual programs or software to check the FULL status of your HD. I want to know if the rpm is up to speed (7200rpm which its suppose to be) and such statistics. I know there are programs like HDD Health, Drive Sitter, Drive Health which measures an estimation of the nearest date of failure, but I want to know if there are specific diagnostics to check if your HD is up to speed. I have defragmented the HD and do so about every month or two and tweaked some settings (like disabled system restore, index filing, etc)... Any suggestions on what programs to use or anything else to check?

Back