Any distros support the 939 boards?

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
Any linux distros support the new 939 pin boards or geforce 6800s?

If the 939 is a nForce based board then you can use the nVidia linux drivers. The 6800 will work on any linux operating system, and in some cases will outperform the same setup under windows! Right now I have a 9800Pro and am seriously looking into getting a 6800 because the nVidia linux drivers are alot better than the ati drivers. In fact you get better performace from using older drivers than the newest ones ati put out. I love this card and it's performance under windows, but the lack of any real linux support is a real bummer. BTW I run gentoo, but this information should be valid for any distro.

i doubt you are out of luck just because its a via chipset. what motherboard do you have? maybe with the model number we can find if it's supported.

edit: i noticed it in the sig. i still couldn't find anything though

Gentoo AMD64 or SuSE Professional 9.1 would be my recommendations.

The K8T800Pro chipset is new, but the K8T800 chipset has been well supported by Gentoo AMD64, SuSE Pro 9.1, and Turbolinux 8 for AMD64 for a while.

Gentoo works, but don't expect working AGP support. Might get it to work, but its kind of problamatic. I know it works though.

Back