Antec 400W and Radeon 9800 Pro

xxaaqq

[H]ard|Gawd
I know there was a thread floating around with Radeon 9700 (or higher) power supply requirements.

Here's the scoop... I have an Antec SL400 power supply, and a Radeon 9800 Pro. You can see other specs in my signature (like 4 hard drives). Normally this is fine, but once so far, the other day, when I turned the computer on, it gave me the error message that I had not plugged in the power to the video card. (It beeps repeatedly and flashes a red error message on the screen). I turned it off, and back on, and it was fine. I haven't had any other problems. Still, do you think it's just that the intial power requirement, that first pull, is enough to overcome a normally balanced equation? If so, I may consider selling this Power Supply and looking for more juice.

Originally posted by xxaaqq
I know there was a thread floating around with Radeon 9700 (or higher) power supply requirements.

Here's the scoop... I have an Antec SL400 power supply, and a Radeon 9800 Pro. You can see other specs in my signature (like 4 hard drives). Normally this is fine, but once so far, the other day, when I turned the computer on, it gave me the error message that I had not plugged in the power to the video card. (It beeps repeatedly and flashes a red error message on the screen). I turned it off, and back on, and it was fine. I haven't had any other problems. Still, do you think it's just that the intial power requirement, that first pull, is enough to overcome a normally balanced equation? If so, I may consider selling this Power Supply and looking for more juice.

I had that problem with my 9700 Pro. Turned out that the power cable to the video wasn't making a good connection. After moving the cable around for a bit, it worked fine until I got rid of it.

Back