Another SFF system spec (please help)

scotmod

Limp Gawd
Hey, After working on my companys Shuttles ive decided to get one! I think they are great for space saving and performance.

Im basically going to using it for light gaming(Maturing out of the games loop now) just on games like NFS COD RTS'S etc and maybe some of the new games, Graphics dont bother me.

From the sale of my system(see sig) i expect to generate £400 which will cover alot of the costs.

heres the spec;

Shuttle XPC SN85G4 Barebone Athlon 64bit Socket 754 DDR 400MHz (link)
Western Digital 36.7Gb 'Raptor' Serial ATA150 10,000rpm 8mb Cache (link)
AMD (Clawhammer) Athlon 64 Bit 3200/1 Mb L2 cache 754Pin CPU OEM(link)
Connect3d ATI Radeon 9800 PRO 128MB DDR DVI TV-Out Retail Box(link)

Ram is what i haven't decided on, Big question 512 or a gig? and is that shuttle picky with ram?

Doesnt matter about opticals because im pulling a dvd rom out my current pc and storage site an issue since i have a storage server.

a few things im worried about are power issues, Will that shuttle have enough juice to power all of the things in it. also, How many pci slots are there, I have a SB live card i plan to use and i need another one for an extra lan card.

Thanks for any of the replys and comments, Please give me some recomendations also. thanks :)

Where do you guys notice the performance increase of a gig. I know 3dmark doesn't seem to care if I have 512mb or a gig as the score is almost identical.

get mushkin ram.. no probs wit that brand thats wut i;m running.. take a look at my specs

NO! Don't get Mushkin. I cannot do CAS2 with this on the SN85G4. After working with both the vendor who sold it to me and Mushkin support, we've come to the conclusion that I can only run this stable at CAS3 even though it will run better on another box. Go with either Corsiar XMS or Kingston HyperX modules which are both on the vendor approved list from Shuttle.

Regards,

-E

Back