Another O&O defrag question.

mosin

[H]ardForum Junkie
I posted this question awhile back, but didn't get a single response...or many lookers, for that matter. Anyway, I use version 4 of O&O, but I am considering upgrading to the current version. Has anyone used this who can tell us if the upgrade is a worthwhile move? I don't like to spend money, unless I see real benefit.
Thanks,
Cheap ol' mosin ;)

My personal opinion is you'd be much better off getting Diskeeper 8.0. I haven't found anything better.

Diskeeper makes the same defragger as what comes with Windows, except for a hanful more options it's nothing new. IMO its not worth the extra money.

I downloaded the demo versions of both Diskkeeper and OO defrag a while ago, and used them back to back. OO defrag has a "sort by access date" feature that sped up Outlook and some game launch times - none of which changed noticeably with Diskkeeper. This is a subjective thing, of course, but unless they want a ton for the upgrade, I'd say OO's a good deal.

Originally posted by shrinkboy
I downloaded the demo versions of both Diskkeeper and OO defrag a while ago, and used them back to back. OO defrag has a "sort by access date" feature that sped up Outlook and some game launch times - none of which changed noticeably with Diskkeeper. This is a subjective thing, of course, but unless they want a ton for the upgrade, I'd say OO's a good deal.
I do like O&O much, much better than Diskkeeper. There is no contest there, but is the new O&O a large improvement over its last version?

Ive got V4 and Im not sold on the "upgrade"
so you dont get the "new" detailed reports, I can live with that
I dont need special support for mobile systems,
the current version defrags all my HDDs and RAID array just fine,
and one button technology? hell I can read a manual and configure it,
and finally "complete" support for XP?
I dont use my XP install much
but I havent seen any issues with O&O on it.

Im not upgrading my Pro Version ;)

Now if I had the Server version and was running W2K3?
those upgrades might be worth it, on somebody elses dollar that is :p

The part that intrigues me is the part that you forgot to mention. One e-mail that O&O sent me stated that the new version is eight times faster than version 4. That alone isn't enough to make me switch, so I suppose I'll stay where I am now.

An aside: No one seems to be selling me upgrades anymore. I wonder if that says anything about the current sate of affairs, or is it just me?

8 times huh?
thats pretty good

but considering you can defrag in the background with whatever sources happen to be available.....
8 times faster than something I dont notice anyway :p

Back