Another Ender 3 S1 post

notarat

2[H]4U
Mine arrived this morning so I assembled it, leveled the plate, ran an auto level, and then set my Z Offset and started printing parts. Haven't calibrated e-steps or PID Tuned or printed configuration cubes or anything like that.

X Axis wheels have some detentes in them from the thing sitting for a while with them tightened up but they'll go away with some use and, if not, I have 2 packs of 16 wheels each so I can replace them if I think it needs it.

Leveling this is actually pretty easy compared to my CR6 Max. Mainly because there's always the option to use the bed screws this has but I only touched them to do the initial level.

I wish S3D came with a canned profile for this one, though it does have profiles for the Ender 3 and Ender 3 Pro so I used the first as a baseline and made my mods to it from there.

It's quiet and prints pretty fast for what it is, and that's what I wanted when I replaced my Makerbot Replicator 2. I think it'll do that nicely, but long term reliability remains to be seen. The Replicator 2 did last over 8 years of moderate-to-hard use so we'll see how this thing holds up.

PXL_20221215_144659544.jpg

That Creality 'sprite extruder' is an interesting difference from my Ender 3 pro. Kinda holding out to see how it goes and may pick one up later next year.

I also got an email today. It contains the shipping and tracking information for my Ender 5 S1 which is due to arrive on the 21st.

That brings me to 7 so I'm gonna have to tear down the CR10S4 for spare parts, then tear down the Replicator 2 for spare parts as well. Then I'll probably give one of the Flash Forge printers to a friend at work.

That Creality 'sprite extruder' is an interesting difference from my Ender 3 pro. Kinda holding out to see how it goes and may pick one up later next year.

I can't speak to its reliability (short or long term) but the extruder seems very nice, as does the rest of the printer, so far.

I used it to print the replacement hot end cover for my CR6 Max and it really came out nicely. I am a total hack at design, but I like it. I went from a 30mm axial fan to a 40mm and I replaced the 4010 blower with a 4020 that exhausts .8mm above the nozzle, pointed downward at the part.

I'm a little worried it might cool a bit too well...but I can always back off on the fan speed, if needed.

That's the wire guide built into the cone for the 40mm fan on the front.
3.jpg

Below is a shot of it from the front. The axial fan screws go through the grille, fan, cover, and then self thread into the cone, squeezing it all tight.
2.jpg
Here's a money shot of the cone which directs the air onto the heat break.
1.jpg

Back