Am I that stupid? - how do you install AIW 9800 pro?

rottweiler

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been working with computers for a while now, and I didn't think installing a video card was a problem until I recently bought this AIW 9800pro.

First of all, the instructions only tell you how to install it if replacing an old card, not if it's in a new system setup.
The basic problem is that after windows is installed, and the motherboard drivers are installed, I put in the ATI cd and it says no compatible hardware found.
I did finally download the correct WDM display and Control Panel drivers.
And I read on ATI's site to first install the WDM then the display, then Control Panel, which I did.
And the card is workign now.
However, I can't install all the AIW software from the cd because it doesn't think I have an ati card.
From looking around this doesn't seem to be an uncommon problem.
But I haven't seen much of anything talking about the AIW software, only the drivers.

So what do I have to do to get this software, without it, I wasted about $100 for the AIW features.
Please help out, and ask for any information I might have left out or not thought about.

Thanks

I have the same card. Make sure you have SP1 installed if using WinXP. Also download the full driver pack off ATI, not the individual parts (installation is a breeze). Then download Multimedia center and install that. If you want the Gemstar TV Guide program you have to manually install it from the driver CD.

hope this helps :confused:

Alas, my stupidity prevails.
While looking through a stack of papers this morning, I found a Catalyst CD.
I thought something looked odd about the cd I was trying to use to install drivers, it was the wrong one.
I have no idea what this other red cd is, but it looks similar to previous ATI driver/software cds.
However, the new ones obviously say Catalyst on them.
Just in case anyone else might have misplaced their driver cd and thought this other cd was it, it's not.
If you're getting an error similar to the one posted above, you're probablky using the wrong cd.
Although I doubt anyone else could be as braindead as me to do this.

Back