Alright, I've decided I'll try to become a "DIYer"

• Thread starter Deleted member 12930
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12930

your mother plays neverwinter nights? that's just... oddly... refreshing.

lol.

X86, was looking over your board again... and those are weird looking resistors :p

anyways, i plan on ordering the parts i need to try one of these within the next week. havn't decided which one to try yet though... it if turns out well, i'm gonna design my own probably.

Originally posted by plot
X86, was looking over your board again... and those are weird looking resistors :p

They certianly do look like Little wieners. :D
But they also lend a bit of credence to audiophiles (or is that Idiotphiles?) that swear up and down that even resistors influence the way an amp sounds.
BTW they are Vishay Dale metal film resistors and you can order then from Mouser.

Originally posted by X86Dude
They certianly do look like Little wieners. :D
But they also lend a bit of credence to audiophiles (or is that Idiotphiles?) that swear up and down that even resistors influence the way an amp sounds.
BTW they are Vishay Dale metal film resistors and you can order then from Mouser.

i dissagree for one very specific reason -- ideal resistor values arn't used in any of those schematics, etc.

common resistor values are used instead. won't make a difference if they are 1% or 20% resistors for this application. ;)

Originally posted by plot
i dissagree for one very specific reason -- ideal resistor values arn't used in any of those schematics, etc.

common resistor values are used instead. won't make a difference if they are 1% or 20% resistors for this application. ;)

Maybe I'm mistaken, but the benefits of premium resistors are

1. Minimal Inductance
  2. More stable Resistance as current increases (for same wattage resistor)

If you're not worried about either of those, then don't buy premium. If you are, then do it. Simple as that....

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Back