Akasa Sound Reduction

....personally, I'd hit the local scuba shop, and get some "scraps" of neoprene (usually almost free). Then, after that, get some good old 3M contact cement and you should be good to go.

FWIW - B.B.S.

Pretty darn well at reducing internal mechanical noise, but the truth is that air turbulance, as it goes through grills / fans, will still be the biggest noise contributors.

I did the neoprene treatment to two PC's I built for a guy using them in a recording studio. Believe it or not, a blowhole with a low restriction grille and a thermo controlled fan is a very quiet way to get air into a system. He was a very happy guy with the resulting noise improvements, and is using the systems in his business.

My $00.02 is that if you take care of the fan noise, you're about 90% of the way there.

Have fun - B.B.S.

I have Akasa Paxmate in my case. Frankly I couldn't tell a difference........but it looked cool so I guess it was somewhat worth the ten dollars.

The loudest thing on my computer was my fans, I'm running 2 intake and 2 exhaust, I hooked them up to a fan controller and can give them a lower voltage, with them turned down I can hear the CPU fan over the 4 intake/exhaust fans. The majority of noise in a sealed computer would come out the intake exhause holes anyways.

I have an Asaka kit in my case right now, and let me say, it was definitly worth the money. It doesn't reduce the actual volume of the computer by much, but it lowers the pitch by quite a bit. Infact, it was enough to turn my harddrive spinning up from "annoying" to "non-existant". I must warn you though, this stuff smells pretty bad for about a week. I'm not sure whether it's the adhesive or the pad itself, but it smells pretty bad anyway.

I've fitted my case with PaxMate and it does seem to work quite well, as already said it seems to lower the 'tone' of the machine noise. It did smell a bit when it was installed, but it wasnt a 'nasty' smell. For my Chieftec BX series case i needed to buy 2 packs as the case is taller than a standard midi tower. It also means i have lots of left over to play with :cool:

Back