AIM New Years Profile Trojan

F

FatcatX

Hey, I got this:

Happy Holidays Everyone!!
New Years 2003 Partayy!

That shows up in my profile, and will in yours if you click the New Years link...I've tried uninstalling, that didn't work. I'm not to good with regedit, I assume there's a way to fix it that way. Everytime I try changing my profile it goes back to that.

Please help me, if you've heard of this or a way to ffix it without reformatting hehe thank you !!

Chances are that it is pretty similar to that one thing TrojanSinkin or whatever it is that was called that said something like:, "Look who's picture i found!" or "Whoa look what i found!". In the profile, what is the address of the hyperlink? If it is anything like the above i mentioned(which the hyperlink is either buddypicture.net or realphx.net, or talkstocks.xxx i can't remember if they are .com, .net etc. but you get the picture). Anyway, if they are anything like that or variations of that, then it will have installed a .exe to your root drive(for example c:\ AV.exe, it might not be av.exe but some are), it will also put a registry entry referring to that file in the Hkey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\currentVersion\Run. There will be an entry there referring to some .exe file. Now this might not be the case for yours but it is a possibility that it is, or is similar. But look into it, and if you see something fishy there check it out. Also you might want to check your running processes and single out any that you don't recognize and look them up. Boot into safe mode and see if it is still there, etc. That way it might be easier to narrow down the process which is runing and be able to find/delete the file and corresponding registry key. Good luck.

Back