Aerocool dp102 Cooling Below 20C

Biggie

Limp Gawd
http://www.aerocool.us/cooler/DP102.htm for those of you who are not familiar with this heatsink.

now for the good stuff.

Background: amd2500 @ 2.205 ghz and 1.70 Vcore

So...after two weeks i have finally found out how to get this cooler to REALLY work well. Even at a rather quiet db

1st) arranging fans one blowing into the heatsink and one sucking air out of the cooler gives the best results (im using two thermaltake smartfans)

2nd) ive discovered that this cooler ALL depends on how cool it is to begin with. If your room is cold, the cpu will stay cold with this cpu and if the room is hot, your cpu will stay hot

Trick) get your room nice and cool with your computer off. Make sure that heatsink and die is nice and cold. THEN boot up your system.

With this heatsink, once its cool it STAYS cool but if it doesnt start cool i only get average cool temps. BUT if you start your system when its nice and cool, your room can get warm again and the cpu cooler still stays cool.

What i did was test test and test some more. With my room at a comfortable warm temp i idle at 33 C and load at 42 C.

BUT today i opened my window headed to class for 2 hours then came back and booted up my system. It booted and idled and held an idle at 15C!!!!!! And loaded with prime for half an hour at 19.5 C I turned on the heater and got my room warm again and the CPU didnt budge. Even with my room at a normal temperature the idle temp was still 16 C and the load was 21C. Its been in the high teens to low low ever since i tried doing this trick.

this heatsink really likes to hold its temp but not change temps.

Try it out for yourself if you dont believe me and i guarantee you will be astonished. Air cooling in the teens with an overclocked cpu. Im REALLY glad i bought this heatsink now

Back