Advise

ralphie1313

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, is it worth buying an Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme REFURBISHED.. For 669$ from NewEgg? Mostly all positive reviews, but what do you guys think? Thanks!

Worth it for what purpose? If you're just going to run a CPU at stock, then no. If you want to experiment with all the BIOS bells and whistles, spending hours playing with settings and balancing performance vs stability, it might be a good buy.

Hey guys, is it worth buying an Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme REFURBISHED.. For 669$ from NewEgg? Mostly all positive reviews, but what do you guys think? Thanks!

No. What you already have is plenty.

Unless there is a specific feature you're lacking I can't see your performance or experience changing in any meaningful way.

If you need a specific feature yes, look at 690 vs 790 platforms the only difference is a TB port I believe. I went 690 and am satisfied. DD5 is more affordable now not a deal breaker. I went from X99/5820K to 12700K and after the novelty wore off the only diff is in higher min FPS.
My days of number crunching are over, retired analytical center director with a extensive SEM and XRD background.

If you need a specific feature yes, look at 690 vs 790 platforms the only difference is a TB port I believe. I went 690 and am satisfied. DD5 is more affordable now not a deal breaker. I went from X99/5820K to 12700K and after the novelty wore off the only diff is in higher min FPS.
My days of number crunching are over, retired analytical center director with a extensive SEM and XRD background.
690-790? Is that intel? I will only go amd

Back