acouple of proc noob questions

L33T_AmD

Weaksauce
whats up all, was wondering if anyone out there can direct me to a page that has a tutorial on overclocking my processor, ram an video card but iam pretty new to the OCing community an want to start it with my new rig. Also currently i just built my new rig an the last thing i need to do is buy a new proc but iam stuck between what i should get. I either want the +2800 or maybe a lil lower an go for the +2700, can someone help me out on my decision? also how do you find out if your proc is locked an what does locking do anyways?? thanks

John

I'd suggest getting the barton 2500. It's cheaper and you'll get @ least the speeds of a 2800 with a little overclocking. Many people have been able to get 3200 right out the box with stock hsf. I unfortunately couldn't, check my sig. However, I'm still happy I got 190 with the stock hsf. Can't wait to put my alpha on it. Hopefully with a little extra volts I can pull 200.

Hope this helps.

BTW, you have to look @ the chip to tell if it's locked or unlocked. It's under the core on a little rectangular box. It'll say axqea 03xx, or something simular to that. If the two xx are 39 and lower, then it's unlocked. If they are 40 and greater then it's locked. My chip was 0349 so it's locked. 10 weeks earlier and I would've been a happy camper.

yea but iam just starting to oc so i will have no idea how to overclock the 2500. If you can help me through it then yea ill prolly go with the 2500.

Originally posted by digiram
I'd suggest getting the barton 2500. It's cheaper and you'll get @ least the speeds of a 2800 with a little overclocking. Many people have been able to get 3200 right out the box with stock hsf. I unfortunately couldn't, check my sig. However, I'm still happy I got 190 with the stock hsf. Can't wait to put my alpha on it. Hopefully with a little extra volts I can pull 200.

Hope this helps.

BTW, you have to look @ the chip to tell if it's locked or unlocked. It's under the core on a little rectangular box. It'll say axqea 03xx, or something simular to that. If the two xx are 39 and lower, then it's unlocked. If they are 40 and greater then it's locked. My chip was 0349 so it's locked. 10 weeks earlier and I would've been a happy camper.

the mobile barton 2500+ is supposed to be unlocked, no matter what week

Back