Acer Predator Z57 57" 7680x2160 mini-LED @ 120hz

So Acer's strategy is to take the same TCL/CSOT panel used by the Samsung 57" superultrawide, then make the specs worse and sell it at the same price? Seems like a winner!

I can pretty much bet the PbP mode doesn't even have the 21:9 + 11:9 modes that Samsung supports.

This seems to be using its own backlight implementation because the zone count is slightly lower (2304 vs 2394). It could be a good thing.

It doesn't mention 240hz support anywhere, from what I can tell, and that different 2304 number may be good ol fashioned Chynahh typo speak!

Reactions: Vega
like this
No, the webpage confirms 120Hz support as per the original press release and CES announcement
https://www.acer.com/gb-en/predator/monitors/z57-miniled

Also seems likely that the lower spec panel as a smaller number of dimming zones.
Like I said...it doesn't mention 240hz support which it may do since it's a knock off of g9 neo 57....everybody knows it does 120hz, even my grandma knows that and she's dead

The lack of mention of 240hz may in fact be because it's cheap trash and actually doesn't support it or once again it's bad chynahh marketing Typo ennngrish speak like the similar but different zones.

I mean why would you pay $1999 for this pos with way less features when the Samsung can be had for $1500 during sales???

Anybody who says 120hz is fine obviously did not spend another $2500 and rebuild a second pc with 7900xtx + 14900k to accommodate bomb dignity 240hz

Pretty sure this and any other version that comes along is limited to 120hz because Samsung has some exclusivity deal with TCL and got dibs on marketing and implementing it as 240hz.

Everyone else that gets supplied a panel will have to offer it in a less attractive package as seen by Acers version. Not the first time this has happened with CSOT panels.

Pretty sure this and any other version that comes along is limited to 120hz because Samsung has some exclusivity deal with TCL and got dibs on marketing and implementing it as 240hz.

Everyone else that gets supplied a panel will have to offer it in a less attractive package as seen by Acers version. Not the first time this has happened with CSOT panels.

Limited to 120hz is gross!

After playing 240hz on the 57 with AMD it's really hard to go back to Nvidia limited 120hz

I mean why would you pay $1999 for this pos with way less features when the Samsung can be had for $1500 during sales???

Price is a different issue but Samsung is one of the scummiest tech companies in existence and treats their customers like garbage. Generally I avoid Samscum at all costs unless there are no viable alternatives, and I certainly would not buy anything from them direct.

Your build can pull in more than 120 fps at 7K2K in modern games?
I like to play Halo MCC, Battlefield 1, Doom Eternal, DOOM BFG, etc, etc....there are a shit load of older good games that are a blast to play on this thing @ 240hz!

Price is a different issue but Samsung is one of the scummiest tech companies in existence and treats their customers like garbage. Generally I avoid Samscum at all costs unless there are no viable alternatives, and I certainly would not buy anything from them direct.
Man I hear that....and a whole lotta people got screwed on bad 57 G9s and I would be lying if I said I was not nervous over durability.....but DAMMIT I LOVE THIS DISPLAY!!! 240hz dual 4k UW is a wet dream for work productivity.....and for gaming I tend to choose it over my 240hz 4k oled 75% of the time.

I expect that Samsung actually develops their own controllers and the other companies use something existing on the market which can't handle the display at above 120 Hz.

The panel may be a slightly lower grade one though.

I honestly wish there was some real competition in the superultrawide form factor. Samsung is the only game in town with top tier specs on paper. Unfortunately Samsung's software tends to be crap.

I hope at least the 5120x2160 displays coming next year make things more interesting, with a similar scenario to the 4K 240 Hz panels this year where we have multiple vendors doing their own thing.

Yes far more likely to be a limitation with the scaler and supported video interfaces than the panel itself. Samsung had a custom scaler for their screen and co-developed it with AMD to allow early DisplayPort 2.1 adoption with UHBR13.5 speeds. Looks like Acer don’t have that available which would explain the lower refresh rate supported

Back