Abit IS7 + P4 2.4C that does 300fsb ie 3.6Ghz on H20

JNavy89GT

[H]ard|Gawd
Very very sweet setup. Does 3.6ghz stable on watercooler(at least mine anyways- DD Maze 3, 120mm fan on chevette heatercore and Via Aqua pump. Ghetto watercooling system so maybe higher with better. YMMV on this setup but it's very nice.
Mobo is modded to give 3.25vdimm and trimmer pot is on board so you can change this if need be.
Chip is retail so 3yr warranty still applies. Box and sticker included. $300 for working combo minus watercooling stuff of course.
[email protected]

ps I know this is retial costs for this stuff, maybe even a bit more, but the board is vdimm modded and this is a tested combo. If you have parts to match this you can get to these mhz levels.

If you want Maze 3 waterblock, a via aqua pump(not sure of flow, but it's pretty strong) and a bunch of clear flex 1/2 id tubing lmk I'll let go pretty cheap. I have no use for it now. You would just need a radiator as I broke mine :(

He's not lying he has a cherry chip, not many 2.4C can hit 300FSB. Mine included and I have a p4ee based 2.4 MO stepping.

sorry Kinda lost track of this thread. Had some second thoughts of selling this setup since it is so nice. But I bought a 2nd A64 setup so either that goes or this does.
I want to keep this as a combo since I know it works together.

One thing I would like to add.
Only certain 512mb dimms will work at 300fsb with this combo in dual channel. I have alot of ram so I could test.
Here is what I found
2x512mb BH-5 chipped house brand ram from online store before they ran out runs cherry at 300fsb
2x512mb Mushkin Level II doesn't-tried several kits
2x512mb Corsiar PC3500C2 will boot but unstable.
2x512mb Kingston BH-5 chipped HyperX or Value ram(either or) runs fine.

Not sure why the mushkin or Corsair didn't run at 300 but maybe due to spd or something. I had timings set to cas2 2:2:6

I just want to get that out in case someone buys this they have all the facts. Also on air this cpu top out about 285fsb and at that point if you have ram that can run 5:4 at tight timings is about as fast at 300fsb at 3:2. So you don't necessarily need water to get a damm fast combo.

I can add 1GB of BH-5 ram with copper spreaders for an additional $260 if you need some low latency ram.

Buy the whole enchilada and I'll sell it for $550 shipped.

$600 shipped for combo above with Maze3 with Intel P4 top and amd socket A top(had this one first, then got the P4 top), via aqua pump and a bunch of 1/2" id clearflex tubing.

I don't need mobo, but if you will just sell the processor I might take it. Is it M0 stepping? Also may consider memory too. What brand is it?

oh forgot to mention this too. Cpu runs this mhz level at 1.55-1.575 in bios. It does not LIKE voltage. Anything higher and it gets unstable. So tru vcore is like 1.5-1.525 per mobo monitor.
Currently I have this in my prometia case. I thought I'd get 4ghz out of it, but I forgot about the ICH5R not liking >300fsb due to pci specs going out of wack there and I didn't want to tear down my SATA raid for the extra mhz.

It's a regular stepping not an MO(was recieving PM's about this). Not sure if it matters since it's an above average oc'er anyway. But I guess some people would rather have an MO at 3.2-3.4ghz than a D1 at 3.6 :O

really want to sell as a combo cpu/mobo that is
I can sell ram w/combo or w/out

Bump for a [H]ard setup, and a nice seller. Did some business with him a while back, and it was smooth and creamy.

P.S. - I have a 2.4C chip, and it will only roll at around 275. Anything higher and <flop>.

-SEAL

Originally posted by five-by-five
That sounds sooo wrong SEAL...
But it was sooo right... :eek:

:p

Congrats on having backyard seats to the SuperBowl, btw.
:cough: lucky bastard! :cough:

-SEAL

if I had to sell the cpu seperate I'd want $185
I really prefer to sell as a combo board and cpu
how about $285 for mobo and cpu
I know you can get the board for about 90 some $$$ but it won't be voltmodded.

btw the board is the revision with gigabyte lan and it does have the newer orb style cooler on it :)

Originally posted by Chocobo
Got any pics? comfirming the CPU?

21-0-0 heat, ~1,000 posts, and good references (including one from me personally) seems like good enough confirmation to me...

-SEAL

Back