Abit IC7 Users, highest FSB at 5:4?

Nitro16

Gawd
I recently got the OCZ DDR Booster in an attempt to push my Winbond BH5 some more and hopefully run my 2.4C at 3.6GHz with the 5:4 ratio. This would put my memory at 240MHz, which it can do using the booster at 3.2v using the 1:1 ratio at 240MHz FSB no problem.

However Ive hit a snag. My IC7 refuses point-blank to run at the 5:4 ratio with ANY timings or voltages above 282MHz FSB. I am aware of the VTT tracking issue on these boards, however the fact that it works at 1:1 leads me to believe it is the actual motherboard holding me back and not the memory. It will also run 300MHz FSB 5:4 in single channel and 300MHz 3:2 in dual-channel 24/7, but 300MHz FSB at 5:4 in dual channel barely posts.

Has anybody with an IC7 actually managed to hit 300MHz FSB or around that mark with 5:4 ratio? Anyone having the same problem?

Thanks.

What can i tell ya, its a 2.4 C, everything is a gamble. I was expecting exactly what u expected when i built this system, i can't get over 295 and that wasn't even that stable, on 3:2 div. i tried different ram, and basically everything else...

its the chip. for my case.

I can't even boot at 251 FSB with my IC7 and 2.4c.
I can boot fine at 250FSB, but 251 doesn't even post.
I've got CH-5 RAM, so I think my RAM is where my problem is.
I'm going to get some OCZ pc4000 gold and see if it lets me get up in the 275-280 FSB range. I'd be happy with that speed out of my 2.4c. I'm not looking for a 300MHz FSB or anything, but definitely want over 250.

edit- I've only tried the 5:4 divider. I'm going to try 3:2 this weekend and see if it gets me anywhere. I kind of doubt it, though.

rtierney said:
I can't even boot at 251 FSB with my IC7 and 2.4c.
I can boot fine at 250FSB, but 251 doesn't even post.
I've got CH-5 RAM, so I think my RAM is where my problem is.

Definitely the CH-5 RAM. And even if the RAM is not to blame (which it is) you can still run 250FSB 1:1, which will be very nice.

I've tried the 3:2 divider with CH-5 sticks with no success. Let me know if it works for you.

mine could do 295 no problem, but this was when i was on aircooling. when i switched to water, it wont even post at 275 now :(, i dunno what went wrong.

Nitro16 said:
I recently got the OCZ DDR Booster in an attempt to push my Winbond BH5 some more and hopefully run my 2.4C at 3.6GHz with the 5:4 ratio. This would put my memory at 240MHz, which it can do using the booster at 3.2v using the 1:1 ratio at 240MHz FSB no problem.

However Ive hit a snag. My IC7 refuses point-blank to run at the 5:4 ratio with ANY timings or voltages above 282MHz FSB. I am aware of the VTT tracking issue on these boards, however the fact that it works at 1:1 leads me to believe it is the actual motherboard holding me back and not the memory. It will also run 300MHz FSB 5:4 in single channel and 300MHz 3:2 in dual-channel 24/7, but 300MHz FSB at 5:4 in dual channel barely posts.

Has anybody with an IC7 actually managed to hit 300MHz FSB or around that mark with 5:4 ratio? Anyone having the same problem?

Thanks.

I think this is rather common actually and to find a board that can do 300 5:4 dual-channel stable is hard.

heh, if my system could do 300 3:2 id be happy, have you tried disabling the GAT?

Back