A7N8X reading AMD 2600+ barton incorrectly

kesh!

n00b
1.15 GHz to be exact.

Why is that? A friend of mine said that there could be a toggle on the motherboard itself, but i've done some reading and haven't found such a thing. Other issues I was thinking about was A) RAM which is a Kingston Value Ram 512MB or B) Power, but I doubt its that as I've got a 450 PSU.

Any other things I should consider? if it's just a switch and what not, i'll be grateful if you can tell me where/where to read up on it.

Try resetting the mobo jumpers, I had the same problem with mine. I will try to find a link to show you where it is and post itAsus This should help.

Im not that big of a fan of resetting jumpers, last time it happened i believe my processor went up in smoke. Any idea of the problems I could have while doing this?

that just happened to me when i installed my new motherboard and my cpu... im not sure how to fix it but i had it happen before and i think i just updated the drivers for my mobo and then it read it right...

-warsaw

Likely it is running at 100Mhz bus instead of 133, or 133 instead of 166. I don't remember exactly which the 2600 is but I've seen it in both 133 and 166 bus flavors.

yeah the jumper is set wrong, look at the mobo manual, and change the jumper so its at 166 fsb.

well i just installed my new 2600 and it did the exact same thing to me... after getting all new drivers and whatnot installed, it recognizes it as 166x12.5 and it is at 2053 mhz

-warsaw

Yeah it sounds like the FSB is set too low. Make sure its set at 166mhz in the BIOS then you should be on your way.

GL:D

Back