A7N8X or Abit?

Liqwid122

Limp Gawd
I have my A7N8X board and I am sick of it. It has been a great board for a year but it won't hit 200 FSB. Should I buy a rev 2 A7N8X or go Abit? What is the best abit board out there for the Xp platform?

Thanks

I have the A7N8X 2.0 Deluxe in my main rig right now. I have it volt modded and like it a lot.

However, I have built some Abit NF7-S boards lately and enjoy them too. They feel great. If you have given up all hope of getting your current mobo to do what you want(overclock), then I would suggest this one. Stronger overclocker too. Buying another A7N8X will not give you the feeling like you just bought new hardware... At least the Abit will do that.

get the DFI Infinity NFII. $93
Includes SATA raid, sounstorm, etc
vdd 1.9v , vdimm 3.3v vcore 2.0

It's cheaper than the nf7-s and overclocks BETTER.

The Abit boards are great..but their time has passed. The latest versions of the board don't even fair so good. Not to mention all the hurdles. First there's the multiplier issues (10 & 10.5)..and then there's loosing effeciency when using lower than 10 multipliers. And then there's figuring out which bios to use.

Abit release an update to their nf7-s called the AN7. But it's a POS. I'd rather take an old nf7 than that.

Anyway..consider the infinity. Lots of results to look at @ xtrememsystems.org and the dfi forum at amdmb.
Most users hit 230 - 260fsb like it's nothing. 272 is the highest and that was scored with Double sided dimms.

Originally posted by Liqwid122
I have my A7N8X board and I am sick of it. It has been a great board for a year but it won't hit 200 FSB. Should I buy a rev 2 A7N8X or go Abit? What is the best abit board out there for the Xp platform?

Thanks

i faced the same decision.. i decided on the nf7-s for a copule different reasons and i'm glad i made the switch.. its an awesome board and it really like it.. i think you'd be happy with it as well

as for the DFI.. i havent had any experience with them

Back