A few brands...about to buy.

Trikzy

Limp Gawd
A few brands i wanna get opinions on before i go buy one.

Vantec - nothing
Thermaltake - heard good and bad, dunno the truth.
Antec - heard pretty decent things, but think it's more mainstream than it is quality. I dunno
Fortron - heard it's great value for what you are getting
Sparkle - heard it's great value for what you are getting
Coolmax - nothing
Aspire - nothing
Enermax - nothing
Allied - nothing
Zalman - nothing

And also if i go with decent psu from the list above..would i need to go 400 or above for an A64 system with two hdd's two fans two optical and pci video card, or would a 350 do fine?

Trikzy said:
A few brands i wanna get opinions on before i go buy one.
Vantec - good
Thermaltake - good
Antec - good, probably the best consumer level power supplies
Forton - good, especially good value
Sparkle = Fortron
Coolmax - don't know
Enermax - good
Allied - don't know
Zalman - good, basically an enhanced Fortron supply
Trikzy said:
And also if i go with decent psu from the list above..would i need to go 400 or above for an A64 system with two hdd's two fans two optical and pci video card, or would a 350 do fine?
350 watts would suffice, but if you can afford it, go with the 400 watt unit. Videocards and processors are needing more and more power; you won't regret having 400 watts for the years to come.

i don't know a whole lot about Tt PSUs, but i've had GREAT luck with Fortron/Sparkle.

i even had a 350W Sparkle with stronger rails than my 430W enermax. the Sparkle 350w unit is a bit cheaper than the Tt, but the 400w unit is more expensive.

Aopen PSUs are also the same as Fortron/Sparkle, and some of the older PCP&C units are too.

IMO Antec is the very best in the price range. The next best would be the more expensive PC Power and Cooling. The Antec's usually have the most stable voltage regulation of any of its competitors.

I use Antec, Enermax, and PC Power and Cooling in my setups primarily. Fortron Source/Sparkle is another good choice thats a little cheaper.

I just bought another Antec PSU last week, the Antec TrueBlue 480w. Its pretty nice :).

The reason Antec is mainstream is because its a name you can trust.

Back