!_File Restoration Dilemma

R

rt_animator

Hi,
My friend has accidentaly deleted some major files from his hard drive thinking they were backed up. So big were the files, he says they did not go into the recycle bin. I told him I know that files can be restored as long as you dont write over the new space. So I have googled for file recovery and have recieved confusing results.. I get the feeling that for most of the programs to work that are out there, you have to image the drive beforehand or something which is worth horse sh*t to him now. If you guys can point me in any useful directions I would appreciate it.. I'm hopin to be able to help this cat out.. I hate not having a solution. By the way- System Restore was turned off and he does not know the location of the deleted files or whats left off them. Thanks a Lot! -rt

spike, you're sig is making ill. i've never noticed you have so much firepower since you don't have all that listed over at 2cpu. i'm jealous :mad:

btw rt_animator, i've used ontrack easy recovery here at work and it is very good as well.

Originally posted by big daddy fatsacks
spike, you're sig is making ill. i've never noticed you have so much firepower since you don't have all that listed over at 2cpu. i'm jealous :mad:
Hehe... Just a slightly different approach... 'Different sigs for different forums', so to speak. :p

Id recommend File Scavenger
if the freeware doesnt do the trick

Back