9800se volt mod

f00t

Limp Gawd
does anyone know where to find a nice guide to volt mod this card. The one that I'm looking for has 128bit mem in "I" shaped configuration. any help on this subject would be appreciated for I want to push this thing to its absolute max.

thanks in advance for your help

Originally posted by CrimandEvil
Are you hoping to OC it?

no, i just wanna volt mod if for fun and bragging rights...lol

i already have the card softmodded. andwant more. I wanna get in between the 5200-5500 range in 2k3 with this card and a volt mod could verywell do it

LOL
I've seen a few volt mods for the 9600 series but not the 9800s.

That board has the same PCB configuration as the 9500, right? If so then the volt mod for that "may" apply. Of course, I'm not suggesting you go out and try it without some research first. If the PCB is the same, or at least matches another ATI card, then that volt mod for that other card should work.

e_t

Originally posted by edit_text
That board has the same PCB configuration as the 9500, right? If so then the volt mod for that "may" apply. Of course, I'm not suggesting you go out and try it without some research first. If the PCB is the same, or at least matches another ATI card, then that volt mod for that other card should work.

e_t

yes, the card has the same pcb configuration as a 9500pro. I am 90% certain that the gpu volt mods are exactly the same.

as for the mem volt mod. The 9500pro and 9800se have the same mem chip configuration BUT different component arrangement on the pcb next to the normal 9500pro

I beleive these are to do with the vddq mod

here's the back of a 128bit 9800se
sapphire-9800se-back-big.jpg

and this is the back of a 9500pro
cardback.jpg

I'll test these theories soon. as soon as I get my hands on a nice voltimeter and some pots

Back