5900nu and freezing during games

amdmadman

Gawd
I have a 5900nu i just bought. Had a 9800pro(give it to my bother). Ater i installed the 5900nu i get random frezzing during raven shield. Any one else have this problem and if so how did you fix it. Our did you fix it.

Systems spec as follows

[email protected]
P4P800
512 Ram and DDR 400
350watt Power supply enermax
DVD drive
Audigy 2
No Case fans(Use Water cooling)

If Any has any info that would be great

Thanks

alls i gotta say is WHY?
I have a 5900nu i just bought. Had a 9800pro(give it to my bother)
:eek:

But having gotten over that strange move have you completely removed all the radeon drivers from your computer before installing the nvidia poorware drivers?:D
As that will cause probz like this.

ANd god i wish i was your brother as i would be laughin at you right about now lol.:p

Tratior you should get ya **** cut off.

Oh yah and thats how Nvidia cards are suppost to run. They freeze after a few minutes of game play becuase they sux.

Tratior you should get ya **** cut off.

Oh yah and thats how Nvidia cards are suppost to run. They freeze after a few minutes of game play becuase they sux

Ouch lmao:p

What drivers do you use? You may need to reinstall windows to fix it...

I have a machine at the shop with a 9800pro in it. it used to have a 5600ultra in it but when i switched it raven shield just went to crap it hangs at like 50fps, and freeze every few secounds (5-10)

I tried everyhting but it took a fresh install to fix it...after that it ran smooth...

dont worry about all the kids, if you play ravenshield then the 5900 is what you want i know, because mine woops on my 9800pro in that game. I was willing to sacrifice some fps in ever other game to gain in ravenshield....the5900 also dose alot better that a 9800pro in nascar2003, witch i also play.

(PS: that is still odd traded a 9800pro for a 5900)

Purge the old crap ATI drivers from you computer, then reinstall the 5900 drivers.

And disregard the children's posts, they obviously never used a 5900.

And its not childlike to call ATi's drivers, "crap"? Hypocritical as usual I see.

Originally posted by fallguy
And its not childlike to call ATi's drivers, "crap"? Hypocritical as usual I see.

Ah fallguy. Still the stalking faddist I see.

And yes, once he cleans the crap off his system, he can get the clean drivers working correctly. Plain and simple, nothing childlike.

Uh, Im not stalking. But when you call people "children" and you name call like a 6 year old, THATS hypocritical. You cant type in a thread without calling someone a "fanboy" or something similar. If you dont think thats childlike...

Originally posted by Badger_sly
Purge the old crap ATI drivers from you computer, then reinstall the 5900 drivers.

And disregard the children's posts, they obviously never used a 5900.

Hmm, I own a 5900U and a 5950. They don't even begin to compete with my 9800 Pro flashed to 9800XT.

And before you say it's the system holding the 5900U and 5950 back, again I will say wrong.

The specs for both systems housing the 5900U and 5950:

AthlonXP [email protected]
2x512mb Mushkin PC3500 LvL2
Abit NF7-S V2.0

My main rig with my 9800 Pro flashed to XT:
P4 [email protected]
2x512mb Geil Platinum Ultra PC4000
Abit IC7.

Raven Shield runs fine for me with either my 9800 or my 5900 with or without AA or AF on. The only game out of several that sometimes stutters on my 5900 is NFSU but not enough to bother me.

I would make sure you fully wipe out your old ATI drivers and try reinstalling the drivers.

people.... it really doesn't matter which card performs better... he simply wants the 5900u to work in his computer... he could have replaced the Radeon with a Geforce 2 ... he can do whatever he wants as long as HE is happy... not you ... so please stop making a mess of this thread

its threads like these that make me want to switch my 9500 pro to Intel integ video and then come here and brag about my "performance" just to smite you all

Thanks for all the input guys. I formatted my drive and reinstalled windows. Updated everything and i found that when i turned on AA is when i get the pausing in the game. So i guess my card is messed up are the drivers are messed up.

Originally posted by merlin704
Hmm, I own a 5900U and a 5950. They don't even begin to compete with my 9800 Pro flashed to 9800XT.

And before you say it's the system holding the 5900U and 5950 back, again I will say wrong.

The specs for both systems housing the 5900U and 5950:

AthlonXP [email protected]
2x512mb Mushkin PC3500 LvL2
Abit NF7-S V2.0

My main rig with my 9800 Pro flashed to XT:
P4 [email protected]
2x512mb Geil Platinum Ultra PC4000
Abit IC7.

Jesus Chirst man, have you spent enough money on video cards? If your feeling charitable, you can send me one ;)

(Do you realy have use for a 5900U, 5950U, AND a 9800Pro?)

Originally posted by obyj34
Jesus Chirst man, have you spent enough money on video cards? If your feeling charitable, you can send me one ;)

(Do you realy have use for a 5900U, 5950U, AND a 9800Pro?)

The 2 systems with the 5900U and 5950 are for when my friends come over to game.

can i be your freind

wait i have a 9800pro

but thats sweet I wish when I built my new computer, my compaq still worked so i could run a dedicated server with it. Ill build some amd system in a few years for a server.

Once I figure out how to be found through searches like steam through a router. No one can connect to me when i have my pc hooked up through my router. So i have to DC and host.

Why in the fuck would you trade a 9800pro for anything FX???

I guess to be helpful, I will give you some advice.

1.) Never trade a kickass card for one that sucks.

2.) Scrub off all of the rest of the remains of the good card and replace it with the hacked up crap from nvidia.

3.) See #1

Back