2x512 OCZ 3700 EB on A64 anyone successful?

oqvist

[H]F Junkie
I got the OCZ 3700 EB platinum 2x512 dual channel kit. But at the moment one clocks like a dream on the mobile A64 DTR it´s tested on but using both the guy I have testing it find this out...

Ok I gave them a try and here is what is going on. 1 stick works flawlessly 265x11 thats the cpu's limit 265-267x11 at 3.1v with stock timmings. Hexus-pifast of 43.** not bad with bh-5 I pull 42.3*

Now with 2 sticks the multiplier changes, remember it boots at a 4x multiplier, but clock-gen locks if you try and change the fsb, Now it seems to even do this if you just try to reclick the save button without changing fsb. So this makes me think it a clock-gen problem or simular.

But anyways I may try some Halo at 255x11 with one stick and see if it plays better

I beleive from my website research that this is a common problem. Unfortunately OCZ does not appear to sell their 3700EB as single sticks. I am searching for a single stick of OCZ 3700EB 512mb, If anyone has any ideas about athlon 64 memory their input would be most helpful.

Well I have only seen myself with this problem.

It depends on what you mean of course. 512 RAM clock considerable worse than single sided 256 RAM and 2x512 is of course even worse than 512. But now I am hearing people who get 245 with OCZ 3500 EB so that isn´t too bad if so.

But I don´t know yet. I am thinking it´s more a bios problem with my mobile A6400+ then anything else. No bios in the world correctly recognizes these CPU:s at the moment it seems.

But that was only day one with testing haven´t heard from the guy since

From what I hear it hangs.

I think because it´s a mobile it boots at 4x multiplier and 0,9 V he needs clockgen to overclock it and the computer hangs with clockgen with 2 modules installed.

Back