250W poiwer supply is that enough?

Azn226

Limp Gawd
ok im in DEsperate need for a case and psu. so im borrowing one from my friend till my new case and psu comes.

all im powering up is 1 200gb WD hard drive, 1 8x dvd-rw.
K8n Neo Platinum board. a64 3200. and Corsair twinx 3200LL. and a x800 pro. would a 250 last me enough for 3 days? or should i not even mess with it?

with a very power hungry vid card and a power hungry processor, might as well just wait or you might risk damaging something from under voltage.

defakto said:
with a very power hungry vid card and a power hungry processor, might as well just wait or you might risk damaging something from under voltage.
Agreed. You spent loads of money on nice hardware. Don't feed it cheap power.

thanks for the input. i guess i will wait. cause im gonna be with out a computer till tuesday then. haha i rather be safe then sorry. :(

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
YOu can damage hardware by running lower then spec voltage? I've never heard of that...
You can damage your hardware running than higher spec voltage, also. Then there's also voltage that fluctuates too much. ATX specifications suggest that the rails can deviate 10% away from what they are supposed to, but I get wary when they deviate more than 5%....

Back