2500+ Mobo

CostarPie

n00b
Heya,

Just wanted to check a few things, i've got a wk24 2500 sitting on my desk and finally decided to build a system.

been considering several mobos and wanted to see whether i made the correct choices, in order of what i wanted:

1.DFI - lanparty ultra B
2. Asus A7N8x - E deluxe
3. Gigabyte 7NNXP

good choices?

my ram is probably OCZ gold rev 2 pc3700, muskin lvl II 3500 or ocz 3500 platinum ~1gb (512 x 2)

got an old PATA HD but may get SATA in future

Heatsink the thermalright SLK 947U with a papst fan, just checkin this will fit on the DFI rite?

PSU - enermax 470W (EG475PVE-SFMA)

Case: coolermaster wavemaster or centurion

decent choices?

and a few rounded cables etc

check out this article as it is about 2 of 3 of the possible choices you listed.
http://firingsquad.com/hardware/asus_a7n8x_versus_dfi_lanparty/
I think the best choice would be the dfi.
Now 'bout your barton 2500, could ya give more specs (so we can kinda give you an indication of how it will o/c)
What color is the core (brown, grey, etc.)
what vid card/sound card you gonna use? (I bet you'll use the onboard sound)

yes definatly the DFI lanparty or even the infinity for $90 on newegg

thx,

the barton is:

brown, the core looks metallic brown and has some small amount of funny pink stuff around it. Looks like a poor QC in assembly.
uncut L1 bridge
serial: AQUCA 0324MPUW
Assembled in Malaysia

My sound card will be a audigy2 since i have one sitting here gathering dust.

My m8 has puchased a asus a7n8x deluxe mobo already for me, but i may still get the DFI and sell off the asus

vid card not sure as will be supplied by a friend, probably a 9800pro ultimate or similar 99% sure it will be an Ati

i've scrapped the 3700 ram wasted potential

most likely mushkin lvl2, OCZ 3200 plat or OCZ 3500 plat if i can find a good deal for it.

thx HvyMtl, i read the article before already thats what changed my mind :)

thx drisler for that guide will definitely come in useful!! but i may get a clip on mounted HS instead the 947U was chosen because of the asus mobo. might switch to 900A instead.

cheers for the help

Back