2001fp ordered!!!

astroglide,, nice nick..I used that for a couople years as my Q3 tag :)

Ordered my 2001 yesterday...

Package Shipped on 1/22/2004 Stage: In Transit

<WARNING RANT MODE ON>

All of you that are pissing and moaning about $750 v $850 and "I don't wanna pay sales tax" "I'm returning this" "I'm calling them about my 50 bucks"

You all make me want to puke! Try buying this thing in Europe and maybe you will wake up to how lucky you have it.

It is 1700$ in my country take it or leave it. Importing from USA might get it you cheaper initially, but it will soon be stopped at customs and the relavent taxes added to bring it up to normal price.

In other words just enjoy what you have!

<RANT MODE OFF>

Originally posted by Sikpupi
<WARNING RANT MODE ON>

All of you that are pissing and moaning about $750 v $850 and "I don't wanna pay sales tax" "I'm returning this" "I'm calling them about my 50 bucks"

You all make me want to puke! Try buying this thing in Europe and maybe you will wake up to how lucky you have it.

It is 1700$ in my country take it or leave it. Importing from USA might get it you cheaper initially, but it will soon be stopped at customs and the relavent taxes added to bring it up to normal price.

In other words just enjoy what you have!

<RANT MODE OFF>

Just because we're in a different region of the world doesn't mean we shouldn't try to get the best deal possible. It's unfortunate that the price is so high for europe, but that's not our fault. Let's flip the situation and pretend it was $850 in europe and $1700 in the US. If you put some effort into it , you'll be able to get it for $750. Would you give that extra effort to save the hundred bucks? of would you just say, "hmm..since people in the united states pay so much for it , I should feel lucky - so what the hell, I'll just pay the extra $100 bucks"...

I don't know about you, but I'll make that extra effort in a split second.

Just a thought.

I don't think Sikpupi is having a real go at anyone here, it's just frustration with the way pricing is here and in Europe compared to U.S. There are reasons for this of course such as bigger market, buying power, (possibly lower taxes?), local companies wanting bigger margins, market segmentation?, currency rate blah blah blah. I'm sure others could write a comphrensive list containing more reasons. WTF! has come to mind on more than one occasion when looking at the going rate for primo gear. Another reason as to why PC gear is so cheap; production moving offshore. My luscious new VP171s panel is made in China. Not sure if the panel is though. I am no economist so forgive the prediction but I wouldn't be surprised if Taiwan and South Korea go through the downsizing/shedding, offshore phase experienced here, Europe and the U.S in a few years.

Sikpupi, just bite the bullet and buy the Hercules. :D Oh and stay away from "I just bought my 2001FP from Dell for $550 with knife set!" type threads. Can't wait till the 2001FP's drop in price.

Eazyduzit is right! My rant wasn't at anyone inparticular. Just frustration at the obscene prices of equiptment everywhere but USA. Reading posts like "I have 5 in my house at the moment sending this POS back" doesn't help either :D

As for the Hercules I tried a Viewsonic VX800 (25ms response time) in the store playing Unreal 2. I was feeling nausious after 5 minutes due to the smearing in front of me. I really wanted to like it but no can do.

I think I might E-Bay one from that guy in Scotland Works out to be around 900 Euro. Only problem is what to do if I get one with dead pixels.

Cut them some slack. They have LCD envy. We've all had it at some point.

I agree, it sucks to not live in the US for these great deals. Especially countries like AU.

Sikpupi: I ordered 2 2001FP's from the guy in Scotland on eBay. It looks as tho he gets them imported from the US (judging by the stickers on the box), and they come with a US power cable.

They both arrived on time as he said, however one of them was fine, but the other one had a dead pixel, a vertical line of dark pixels, and the front LEDs did not work. Since I ordered 2 more from Dell direct, I intend to swap the faulty one out using the 3 year Dell warranty. Will Dell know the difference? These panels are made in the same factory so I can't think why they would....

Anyway, just something to be wary about. I'm not sure how you would go about getting Dell to honour the warranty on a US-imported 2001FP.

HardHead,

Off topic here, how do you like those raptors, are they noticeably faster than what you had before. Was setup a pain? Looked around the forums and can't find much. I did find reviews on websites, but would rather hear end user experience.

Thanks for any help

Originally posted by Fuzzb
Sikpupi: I ordered 2 2001FP's from the guy in Scotland on eBay. It looks as tho he gets them imported from the US (judging by the stickers on the box), and they come with a US power cable.

They both arrived on time as he said, however one of them was fine, but the other one had a dead pixel, a vertical line of dark pixels, and the front LEDs did not work. Since I ordered 2 more from Dell direct, I intend to swap the faulty one out using the 3 year Dell warranty. Will Dell know the difference? These panels are made in the same factory so I can't think why they would....

Anyway, just something to be wary about. I'm not sure how you would go about getting Dell to honour the warranty on a US-imported 2001FP.

First of all, that is not the right thing to do.
Second, they have serial numbers on the back of the monitor - so if you send the monitor with a different serial number back to dell, they'll know. Since the original purchasers information won't match.

The best thing to do is ask the seller for the initial purchaser's information, so you can verify with Dell. Once you verify with dell, you can have the replacement shipped to your address.

Like I've said in the other thread, all 2001fp's come with 3 year warranty.

You might want to see if you can get the guy to swap it for you, because I'm pretty sure Dell specifically says you can't export them from the US

Originally posted by enyceexdanny
First of all, that is not the right thing to do.
Second, they have serial numbers on the back of the monitor - so if you send the monitor with a different serial number back to dell, they'll know. Since the original purchasers information won't match.

The best thing to do is ask the seller for the initial purchaser's information, so you can verify with Dell. Once you verify with dell, you can have the replacement shipped to your address.

Like I've said in the other thread, all 2001fp's come with 3 year warranty.

Side-stepping the morality of the exchange, do Dell actually record the serial number of the monitor against the order? I wouldn't have thought so considering the volume of orders they must process.

Besides, Dell UK are an incompetent bunch. I had a 2000FP exchanged and they never picked up the old one. I also ordered a laptop which they overcharged me for, then refunded me in full twice.

Even though Dell might seem very careless, I highly doubt that they will let it slip.

I was just thinking that a couple of days ago, about how unorganized Dell seems. I wondered if they'll ever know if I sent the replacement back or not. I sent it anyways, but the day after I got a invoice in the mail stating that if I don't send it back within 10 days, I need to pay the amount. I've just received another invoice today for the second replacement also.

Even though the volume of processed orders may be high, they still keep track of the serial numbers.

So, my point is - for such amount, I don't think they're that dumb and careless to lose out on their money.

Well, it's upto you. Just remember that there's such a thing called karma.

Originally posted by enyceexdanny
Even though Dell might seem very careless, I highly doubt that they will let it slip.

I was just thinking that a couple of days ago, about how unorganized Dell seems. I wondered if they'll ever know if I sent the replacement back or not. I sent it anyways, but the day after I got a invoice in the mail stating that if I don't send it back within 10 days, I need to pay the amount. I've just received another invoice today for the second replacement also.

Even though the volume of processed orders may be high, they still keep track of the serial numbers.

So, my point is - for such amount, I don't think they're that dumb and careless to lose out on their money.

Well, it's upto you. Just remember that there's such a thing called karma.

Hehe ok I shall remember, and will post here immediately if I sense that my karma is being disrupted.

The 2000FP and laptop thing happened around 2 years ago now, and they haven't sent my any correspondence, and I doubt they will come after me after all this time.

Originally posted by Firebomb
i just got mine yesterday and i see nothing wrong with it at all

i love it

What's your manufactured date?

Originally posted by Firebomb
november 2003

Sweet.

October was the latest build I was aware of. Maybe this new batch has less of a chance of issues.

Mine is "out for delivery" :)

Just ordered mine. Hopefully will get it in a few days.

Do you have to run the monitor at 1600x1200?

ordered mine on sat:)

possibly the most expensive single piece i have gotten for my computer. i sure hope it ends up being owrth it

Received mine in pristine condition.

November build.

No issues at all.

Just ordered mine a half an hour ago. I did not even have to beg the wife for this one, just told here that it would reduce the amound of headaches I would get from all the time I spend in front of the computer.

She could have said dont be in front of the computer so much but nah, she is a keeper :D

Your wife must be from the same ilk as mine. She didn't bat an eye at me buying a 50" Pioneer Elite Plasma...she tries to pretend that she did, but she was all for it. :p

Originally posted by laws_69
Your wife must be from the same ilk as mine. She didn't bat an eye at me buying a 50" Pioneer Elite Plasma...she tries to pretend that she did, but she was all for it. :p

Yep good women like that are hard to find :D

She "tried" to put up a fight about building a new computer...until she was notified that the new computer was hers and it would dominate mine.....then all she could say was "MUWAHAHA, I'm gonna be a Pro-Gamer".

Just ordered one this afternoon :)

Said estimated shipping date was Friday, 1/30 :rolleyes:

Apparently it has already shipped though and will be here on Wednesday with the free shipping :D

Ordered mine on Sunday night (1/25) .... my order apparently shipped today (Monday) and will be here on Wednesday via free UPS 2day. Saaaaaweeeeet. I can't believe I just got a 20" LCD for under $800! I was a little apprehensive about the purchase at first, but after reading the anandtech review, I'm pretty comfortable now - I'm more than a bit concerned that the panel will have some defect of one kind or another, but it sounds like the more recently made models have been relatively defect free. I guess I can always keep sending it back until I get a perfect panel.... seems to be the trend here anyways.....

Well, here's some linkage to that review - it should set some minds at ease if you've bought one or if you are considering it:

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1918

Goodbye buyer's remorse....

I ordered on Monday 1/26 with the 2-day option and it also said Estimated Ship Date, 1/30. I checked online and it shipped an hour after I ordered.

They better not be repackaging the returned bad monitors! Seems could be the case with how many bad LCDs I've been hearing.

i'm a slut. i ordered one too. couldn't resist at the 750 price. Plus all the praising going on here...

Please get here before the weekend. :)

haha, You called yourself a slut.

Just wait til you get your 2001, slut takes on a new meaning.

I also ordered a 2001fp. Came to about 796 after tax. Won't be shipped till Feb 2nd though :(

Originally posted by badasspenguin
Really? I ordered it today, and it shipped today. I must have beat the rush.

I'm not too sure. The e-mail says estimated shipping date of Feb. 2nd, but I checked dells order starus page and that said it was "In Transit". Do you have a tracking number yet?

call 1.800.www.dell and find your way to the automated order status section. input your order number and they should give you the tracking number.

The automated phone system seem to have the tracking info before the website.

I got the 2nd that was posted on [H] I believe, and I paid 1099$ kinda sucks but oh well.

nope, just says in transist. ....

actually just checked my email and got the "dell order has shipped email"

so yeah, it has shiipped. wahooo.

also...no tracking number with the latest email, just says it should arrive based on the delivery method chosen (2 day business for me)

I ordered mine on Monday and asked for the free 2nd day delivery. UPS just dropped it off here at work. I will be leaving soon for home to set this bad boy up.

Slut it on baby!

Back