2 dirt cheap motherboards for <$10.00 each AR!!!

im the first to say not to post repost posts, but we are now on the 5th or 6th repost of this deal. 3 on the first page. not sure, but it seems that there is some name trickery with the processors on this motherboard. I cant seem to find the actual speed. Im thinking that they are not 1.2 and 1.3 ghz.

Originally posted by laserdemon
im the first to say not to post repost posts, but we are now on the 5th or 6th repost of this deal. 3 on the first page. not sure, but it seems that there is some name trickery with the processors on this motherboard. I cant seem to find the actual speed. Im thinking that they are not 1.2 and 1.3 ghz.

I'm not sure about the exact speed, but I'm pretty sure its fairly near there. The only catch is that they're VIA C3 procs. They're not very fast, but they run very cool and are perfect for small, integrated systems like HTPCs and such.

ARGH!! Even if this was stickied I don't think people would see it. There is a post 8 down from this one for the same deal, and then another one about 10 down from that one. There have been at least 5 threads for this in the past week. I don't ask much, but I ask that you briefly look over at least the first page of deals. and the 1.3ghZ is a model number. The actual clock speed is something like 800MHz. It has been discussed to death in the other threads.

Originally posted by jpmkm
ARGH!! Even if this was stickied I don't think people would see it. There is a post 8 down from this one for the same deal, and then another one about 10 down from that one. There have been at least 5 threads for this in the past week. I don't ask much, but I ask that you briefly look over at least the first page of deals. and the 1.3ghZ is a model number. The actual clock speed is something like 800MHz. It has been discussed to death in the other threads.

I'd say that for a system based off this, the speed is more or less irrelevant. Anyway the model name is 1.2/1.3Gigapro not gigahertz.

Originally posted by NightRaven
I'd say that for a system based off this, the speed is more or less irrelevant. Anyway the model name is 1.2/1.3Gigapro not gigahertz.
Oh okay. I thought I remember reading 1.3ghZ(yes, that funky capitalization). Never mind. For $5 is is quite a good deal.

I think that these are intrigrated processors, meaning they are not removable or are soldered on.

Originally posted by laserdemon
I think that these are intrigrated processors, meaning they are not removable or are soldered on.

no the atx one not the micro atx, but i looked closer at the specs and it should be fine.. thanks.

wow, pretty hot deal but this is a repost with like three other threads discussing this deal like crazy... seems to be that tigerdirect isnt so liable with their rebates and "its schemes"

Tiger Direct blows hard. I can't believe that they have a banner on the front page of the [H]ard OCP mainpage now. :confused:

the procs run at 866mhz, but the FPU (folating point unit) runs at half that(433). So performance when decoding MP3's and the like is below a pentium2 400.

so....es tEH SuXXor

Chris

it could make a nice gift for nooby frends...

has anyone gotten that and rebates done successfully?

Oh MAN!
I MUST have the second one! I don't care much about anything about it, except it's SIZE! It's extremely rare, and exactly what I need! I absolutely must have it! But DANG IT, I have no credit card, and nobody who can lend me theirs until the 23rd. DANG!

I got mine last week. Same day it shipped I got it delivered, hows that for UPS.

Anyways the sticker on the HSF says 1.3, but once you get that POS off 1.2 is printed on the CPU. I thought it ran at 850MHz but 866MHz for a C3 is still shit none the less.
Day mine got here I voided any warranty by ripping off the HSF and superglueing an old SuperSocket 7 heatsink to it, sans any fan. Booted it up and let it sit in the BIOS for a hour, temp was at 46 degrees passive. With ether a 92mm Stealth next to it or the little POS fan that came with it, the CPU temp was down to 11 degrees in the BIOS. If you mount a HSF right the airflow from your PSU should be more than enough.
I havent ran it under load yet, just ordered a few of those $20 cases to put some boards in. I'll stick this one in my little modded slim mATX for a quiet DVD/Divx player, but I need that $20 case first to house the board that is in it already.

...odd, I replied to this thread, now it's gone.... I wonder where it ended up, or got deleted....

Anyways- is the stock HS good enough? I plan on using it with a 80mm fan directly above it- I predict no problems.

How far are you from the shipping center? Think it's the norm to be getting them that quickly?

Originally posted by phasmatis_nox
...odd, I replied to this thread, now it's gone.... I wonder where it ended up, or got deleted....

Anyways- is the stock HS good enough? I plan on using it with a 80mm fan directly above it- I predict no problems.

How far are you from the shipping center? Think it's the norm to be getting them that quickly?

The Cyrix/Via/Whomever Samuel2 processors, like the edens, are designed to run cool. THe fact is, this system most likely could run fine without a heatsink/fan all together.

You won't be overclocking this puppy.

THis deal is good for building say, a webserver, or lowduty taskmachine (hence the $10 price) in comparison to say, a $400 board/cpu combo (like a p4 3.0 + p4p800 deluxe) These are, obviously, not high performance machines, but for a websurfer, or ya know, your girlfriend who really doesn't know much about computers, these will do.

PICS! :D

C3-1.JPG

C3-2.JPG

C3-3.JPG

c3.JPG

First pic is the small HSF that comes attached with the same crap sticky tape that holds on northbridge and southbridge heatsinks. Off that came and an old SuperSocket7 heatsink was attached. In the 3rd pic you can see the 16MB of video RAM in the lower right.

The desktop is a fresh install of Windows XP Pro 2600. Sensor 2 is the board, sensor 3 is the CPU.

just a note for you guys syntax = ecs. I got one and put it in my moms system forgot the number on the board but the lay out is identical to my ecs k7s5a pro.

Well, the way I see it, this may make a decent mp3 box and windows 98 gaming box. Otherwise...junk

This thing cannot play Divx, runs my files at about 20fps. O well. :(

And if you look at the picture on Syntax' web page the northbridge heatsink has PC Chips on it, so yes PC Chips / ECS / whatever else.

Sweet, I can make some pc's with these mobo's, 20 gig hard drives, windows 98, modem, and 15 inch monitors for like 300 bucks a piece at the pawn shop, wewt

Originally posted by CentronMe
This thing cannot play Divx, runs my files at about 20fps. O well. :(

And if you look at the picture on Syntax' web page the northbridge heatsink has PC Chips on it, so yes PC Chips / ECS / whatever else.
idk man..my p2 550 mhz sometimes has problems w/ divx...much less these things

Originally posted by huxley
Sweet, I can make some pc's with these mobo's, 20 gig hard drives, windows 98, modem, and 15 inch monitors for like 300 bucks a piece at the pawn shop, wewt

They include a modem...

Does anyone still have the PDF file for the mail-in-rebate for the 5 dollar motherboard at tigerdirect? I ordered 3 of these, and I seem to have lost the file, and it's no longer available for download off of TigerDirect's website... Helppppp :(

Edit: I'm a noob... Didn't even notice it was on the first post. Nevermind :)

Anybody recieved theirs yet?
Are you kidding? A couple people received theirs and posted in this thread a week ago. One guy even posted pictures of the board.

Originally posted by jpmkm
Are you kidding? A couple people received theirs and posted in this thread a week ago. One guy even posted pictures of the board.

Oops, yeah- I meant to say "who ordered last week", but it didn't quite make it... the guy who posted pics got his same day! :eek: UPS is being slow for mine...

Yeah, I don't make any sense at all.

I think the deal is dead because they are now 33$. Sorry if someone has already said this I just don't feel like looking through the rest of the thread.

Oops, yeah- I meant to say "who ordered last week", but it didn't quite make it... the guy who posted pics got his same day! :eek: UPS is being slow for mine...

Yeah, I don't make any sense at all.

I was about to say... :p

I only live maybe 90 minutes from the warehouse BTW, so good reason why I got mine the same day I guess.

I sent in both bar codes.

Back