$2,500 RTX-5090 ( 60% faster than 4090 )

4070 does not beat 3090 or 3090 Ti
70 ti super does, regular 4070 often match the 3090
relative-performance-2560-1440.png

Last edited:
70 ti super does, regular 4070 often match the 3090
View attachment 648116

And this is the trend that will continue. 5070 Ti will be around the performance level of a 4090 but obviously with less VRAM and maybe better RT as long as VRAM doesn't exceed capacity. 5080 will be a good deal faster than a 4090 and the 5090 will be way faster than a 4090. Any website or leaker claiming otherwise is most likely just seeking clicks because stating the obvious is too boring and doesn't get any attention.

Yes exactly, we see xx70 class card matching the 3090 ti and beating the 3090... even at 4k ? That was the same with tthe 2080Ti vs 3070, in some scenario the 2080TI was still a bit faster, but those 2 card were in general in the same performance class (the you need to see numbers to see a small difference either way)

Yes exactly, we see xx70 class card matching the 3090 ti and beating the 3090... even at 4k ? That was the same with tthe 2080Ti vs 3070, in some scenario the 2080TI was still a bit faster, but those 2 card were in general in the same performance class (the you need to see numbers to see a small difference either way)
The other guy who I responding to was referring to 5070 being slower than a 4090 like it's very uncommon, which it isn't. Not a 5070 Ti, I expect a 5070 Ti to be around the same performance of a 4090. Guessing a 5080 will be about 10% faster than a 4090 and a 5090 being around 40%-60% faster than a 4090.

Main reason we need that TSMC Arizona fab spun up asap. I mean, not just for 5090's but everything else based on TSMC's processes.

Any chance TSMC will bring their latest process to the US or only the mid range process nodes?

I expect a 5070 Ti to be around the same performance of a 4090
Could be, considering it is purely a "choice", that will be decided with supply capacity-amd-etc... very well possible specially that the gap between the top popular card and the xx80 is quite big this time around, it is easy to make a new 5070 that beat the 4080 by a good amount to be super interesting but not the 4090 and there a chance of very little gain via the node, they would need larger chips-memory bandwith, both would be easy if they want but that a if.

Could be, considering it is purely a "choice", that will be decided with supply capacity-amd-etc... very well possible specially that the gap between the top popular card and the xx80 is quite big this time around, it is easy to make a new 5070 that beat the 4080 by a good amount to be super interesting but not the 4090 and there a chance of very little gain via the node, they would need larger chips-memory bandwith, both would be easy if they want but that a if.
Yea even if 5070Ti was 10% slower than a 4090 it would still be a very fast card, for significantly cheaper. I don't see why people should complain about it, like they're entitled to match a the previous gen flagship, if they want flagship performance just buy the xx90 series.

Yea even if 5070Ti was 10% slower than a 4090 it would still be a very fast card, for significantly cheaper. I don't see why people should complain about it, like they're entitled to match a the previous gen flagship, if they want flagship performance just buy the xx90 series.

This whole thread is full of entitlement with people telling you that you should not buy something that you can afford in order to somehow force a price drop so that they can now afford it.

Any chance TSMC will bring their latest process to the US or only the mid range process nodes?
I'm speculating, but I doubt US government issued 50B in subsidies to bring them over for anything short of their state of the art processes. We already have several sources outside Taiwan in general and TSMC in particular for "lesser" process nodes. Intel, Global Foundries and Samsung all have fabs here in the US.

I think pre-delay they would have been close to be latest process (would the 3N happened in 2026 and would the N4 launched in 2024 like planned instead of maybe 2025.

N4-2025 instead of 2024
N3-2028 instead of 2026

still advanced and previous node obviously but not latest Apple level.

This whole thread is full of entitlement with people telling you that you should not buy something that you can afford in order to somehow force a price drop so that they can now afford it.
That is a borderline idiotic statement and childish quite frankly. Perhaps that may be the movitation for some but for many of us who can actually "afford" to purchase any card we choose it's also unfair! This is simply a matter of principle and responsible spending. Nvidia is taking advantage of you and many others free spending attitude and all of us "gamers" are paying for it! In the very near future when a 4k video card is considered an acceptable price it will be you oand others like you who will be to blame as to why you no longer have a hobby. Why? Because even though you will be willing to fork over 4,000 for a video card, the vast majority of people will simply say enough is enough and leave the hobby, resulting in a shrinking pc game market, and making it even easier for developers to develop for whatever passes as a console at that time. You sir, with your 4k video card will be an afterthought.

And this is the trend that will continue. 5070 Ti will be around the performance level of a 4090 but obviously with less VRAM and maybe better RT as long as VRAM doesn't exceed capacity. 5080 will be a good deal faster than a 4090 and the 5090 will be way faster than a 4090. Any website or leaker claiming otherwise is most likely just seeking clicks because stating the obvious is too boring and doesn't get any attention.
as a person that went from a gtx 1060 when 2090's were out, went 2070 when 3090's were out... and now just went 4070 ti super and OMG I am wow'd and for the $, will continue this route... well skipping the 5xxx series most likely...

That is a borderline idiotic statement and childish quite frankly. Perhaps that may be the movitation for some but for many of us who can actually "afford" to purchase any card we choose it's also unfair! This is simply a matter of principle and responsible spending. Nvidia is taking advantage of you and many others free spending attitude and all of us "gamers" are paying for it! In the very near future when a 4k video card is considered an acceptable price it will be you oand others like you who will be to blame as to why you no longer have a hobby. Why? Because even though you will be willing to fork over 4,000 for a video card, the vast majority of people will simply say enough is enough and leave the hobby, resulting in a shrinking pc game market, and making it even easier for developers to develop for whatever passes as a console at that time. You sir, with your 4k video card will be an afterthought.

cry more

I wasn't even talking about xx70 vs xx90. I was talking about generational performance. But I don't see what you're getting at saying that a 70 series card matches the previous generations flagship.

770 does not beat or equal Titan
970 does not beat or equal Titan Black
1070 beats Titan X (Maxwell) by 8%
2070 does not beat or equal Titan Xp
3070 beats 2080Ti by 4%, loses to Titan V (Including 2080Ti here because Titan V was expensive)
4070 does not beat 3090 or 3090 Ti

Most of the time the 70 series does not match a flagship from the previous generation.

780 does not match or equal Titan
980 equals Titan Black
1080 beats Titan X (Maxwell)
2080 equals Titan Xp
3080 beats 2080Ti and Titan V
4080 beats 3090 Ti

80 series cards usually beat the previous flagship.
Sure I guess if you want to throw in real Titans as GeForce gaming cards. I really am just speaking on the GeForce stack sans Titans though. Add Titans because they occupy this bizarro slot between gaming card and prosumer card, sure. But really Titans were absolutely different every single gen they existed where they were either better, the same, or worse than the x80 / xx80 Ti card.

We've still dropped off a cliff with the 40-series on price to performance expectations at each segment.

As for your second list...Nvidia themselves marketing the 3070 as a 2080 Ti for $500 and aside from the reduction in VRAM, it absolutely was for the most part and that's been true of most 70 cards matching the flagship GeForce card for the past several gens.

Until the 20 and 40 series respectively.

Last edited:
Sure I guess if you want to throw in real Titans as GeForce gaming cards. I really am just speaking on the GeForce stack sans Titans though. Add Titans because they occupy this bizarro slot between gaming card and prosumer card, sure. But really Titans were absolutely different every single gen they existed where they were either better, the same, or worse than the x80 / xx80 Ti card.

We've still dropped off a cliff with the 40-series on price to performance expectations at each segment.

As for your second list...Nvidia themselves marketing the 3070 as a 2080 Ti for $500 and aside from the reduction in VRAM, it absolutely was for the most part and that's been true of most 70 cards matching the flagship GeForce card for the past several gens.

Until the 20 and 40 series respectively.
You did say flagships, so I assumed the flagship would be the cards with the full die or nearly the full die. I always considered xx80 cards to be high end, xx70 mid range, xx60 low end, xx50 entry level.

Back