2.1 the magic number

[PaUL]53

Limp Gawd
I am looking for a 2.1 system. The Creative I-Trigue 3300 2.1 system looks like the best and most expensive 2.1 set available at computer stores in Sydney. I have heard the creative I-Trigue 3300 2.1 and it sounds clear at loud volumes. Am I making a mistake? Should i get a different 2.1 set? So my plan is to get an SB Audigy and the Creative i-Trigue 3300. I am going to buy them unless somebody says otherwise.

www.nordichardware.com/reviews/audio/2003/itrigue3300

You might want to look into a set of Klipsch Promedia 2.1. I know I love my 4.1 set and my 5.1 set before, and my home theater Klipsch shake the whole house... but that's a different story. Klipsch has some refurbs on their site for cheap, but get a new set if money isn't a problem.

My .02, FWIW.

There aren't any computer stores in my area that sell klipsch speakers and money is a problem. My computer stores are www.jw.com.au and www.arc.com.au . neither have anything from klipsch. I have heard the I-Trigue 3300's and they sound really clear.

Sounds like you are kind of locked in, then. If you have heard them and like what you heard, then go for it. Let us know how your set-up turns out!

klipsch speakers are commonly reviewed by australian computer magazines and are popular in 0z but aussie computer stores rarely stock them because they're too expensive. So I will go ahead and buy the I-Trigue 3300 Speakers and SB Audigy soundcard. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making a big mistake.

Originally posted by [PaUL]53
klipsch speakers are commonly reviewed by australian computer magazines and are popular in 0z but aussie computer stores rarely stock them because they're too expensive. So I will go ahead and buy the I-Trigue 3300 Speakers and SB Audigy soundcard. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making a big mistake.

Yes those Klipsch are extremely overpriced. Though they sound good but you can get better sound for les money. You could check out some Videologic Sirocco set. Those should be able for quite a steal now since they have been along so long.

I don´t know what but Creative doesn´t make me think of high quality speakers for some reason...

But there seem to be a bass issue on those Audigys that affects some non Creative setups. Maybe it´s just home theater setups I don´t know but maybe someone else know more about this?

Well I have heard the I-trigue 3300's and they're good enough for me. Creative make high quality soundcards so why not speakers? Sorry but I have never heard Videologic Sirocco. Another reason to buy the I-Trigue 3300 www.nordichardware.com/reviews/audio/2003/itrigue3300

HP makes some damn nice printers, but that doesn't mean their digital cameras are good.

As for that review, look more closely at the power ratings for it. 9 watts per channel? My $5 speakers pump out more than that. But on a more serious note, you can invest your money elsewhere that'll give you better sound.

http://computing.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/sbs/110601/7013839.html

-^ Sirocco's (I believe that's what oqvist is referring to)

You can always look at Logitech for some decent 2.1 setups.

At www.arc.com.au and www.jw.com.au the I-trigue 3300 is the only good 2.1 setup that they sell. the only other 2.1 sets available to me are the inspire 2400, inspire 2500 and some sub- $100 AUD logitech speakers. So I will have to get a surround set if i want better sound quality. The only surround systems available at my local store are. : Creative Megaworks 550, creative insire 6600 6.1, creative inspire 5200 5.1, creative inspire 5300 5.1, Creative Inspire DTT 5700, logitech x-620's (I heard them and they sound like crap), logitech z-680,logitech z-560, logitech z-640. They are all the surround systems available at my local store and I can't be bothered going to Liverpool. So which one of those surround systems should I get?

As for that review, look more closely at the power ratings for it. 9 watts per channel? My $5 speakers pump out more than that. But on a more serious note, you can invest your money elsewhere that'll give you better sound.

Well Creative speakers that don't cost $400 AUD have low watts RMS so what do you expect? it's better and cheaper than the Altec Lansing VS.4121.

That's my point, and you reiterated what I said.

There is certainly more you can get for your buck.

At www.arc.com.au and www.jw.com.au the I-trigue 3300 is the only good 2.1 setup that they sell. the only other 2.1 sets available to me are the inspire 2400, inspire 2500 and some sub- $100 AUD logitech speakers. So I will have to get a surround set if i want better sound quality. The only surround systems available at my local store are. : Creative Megaworks 550, creative insire 6600 6.1, creative inspire 5200 5.1, creative inspire 5300 5.1, Creative Inspire DTT 5700, logitech x-620's (I heard them and they sound like crap), logitech z-680, logitech z-640. They are all the surround systems available at my local store and I can't be bothered going to Liverpool. So which one of those surround systems should I get?

From your list, the surround speakers I'd get are either the Megaworks 550 or the Z-680. Try to have a listen to both.

The I-trigue's might not be bad actually, I haven't heard them (no store seems to have set them up yet in my area), but a few people over at 3DSS have and they were pleasantly surprised at what they heard. Thought they were much better then the old Inspire line.

9 watts per channel. That sums it up pretty well. I aint getting them! The z-680's are around 60 watts per channel. I was just considering to get 2.1 set because i thought I could get better sound quality for A cheaper price because i am only paying for 3 speakers unlike a surround system. But because the I-trigue 3300 is the best 2.1 set available to me and it only has 9 watts rms per channel, it isn't worth the money. The z-560's look good for the price.

Should i get the logitech z-560's. They are THX certified. Are there any THX certified speakers cheaper than the z-560's?

Back