19" Samsung 193T

It's not the 193T its the 192T, the 193T is the UK model, its a sweet monitor but the 191T+ is better with a smaller price tag.

Could anyone that owns this monitor vouch for its quality? Newegg user reviews seem to be good for the most part, but could anyone here say anything about ghosting? That's my main concern with buying one of these...

I have heard that it does Ghost slightly, like the 191t does, but there is only one way to find out.

Originally posted by IoWnZa
I have heard that it does Ghost slightly, like the 191t does, but there is only one way to find out.

=(......if only I could find a 19" LCD that people say doesn't ghost

Originally posted by HitMan-sC
=(......if only I could find a 19" LCD that people say doesn't ghost

My 2001FP doesn't Ghost, but then again, it's a 16ms 20.1", and you want a 19" :)

Originally posted by IoWnZa
My 2001FP doesn't Ghost, but then again, it's a 16ms 20.1", and you want a 19" :)

Yes, and it's also close to $1000. I need to stick with budget here :D. Besides, haven't people been having a lot of problems with the 2001FP?

I got a 192T for Christmas, and let me tell you, it's probably the best investment I've made in a while. I went from a 19" Sony CRT, and the switch from a 60 lb monster to this lightweight clairty was amazing. I don't mean to challenge Hyper_Lites advice, but I do want you to get the correct information. The 192T and the 191T+ are the exact same monitor, in terms of the actual screen. When you buy the 192T however, you are paying a little extra for two things. One, being the speaker and headphone jack, which as a realist, I'm going to be honest, is kind of a waste. However, the second, is you are paying for the base. On the 191T+ you have to plug your Analog, DVI and power into the monitor, so when you adjust and move the monitor, those cables will move as well. However, with the 192T, everything plugs into the base, and the monitor moves freely. Also, in terms of transport, the 192T's base folds up and locks easily, so it's nice and compact. So if you choose between the two monitors, both are samsung, both are great, both are the same...just the 192T has in my opinion, a better physical layout. On a side note, if you are attempting dual monitors, side by side, the 192T has a wider frame around the screen, so there would be a larger gap, just to keep in mind. Hope this helps =) Good luck!

Originally posted by DaMaN841
I got a 192T for Christmas, and let me tell you, it's probably the best investment I've made in a while. I went from a 19" Sony CRT, and the switch from a 60 lb monster to this lightweight clairty was amazing. I don't mean to challenge Hyper_Lites advice, but I do want you to get the correct information. The 192T and the 191T+ are the exact same monitor, in terms of the actual screen. When you buy the 192T however, you are paying a little extra for two things. One, being the speaker and headphone jack, which as a realist, I'm going to be honest, is kind of a waste. However, the second, is you are paying for the base. On the 191T+ you have to plug your Analog, DVI and power into the monitor, so when you adjust and move the monitor, those cables will move as well. However, with the 192T, everything plugs into the base, and the monitor moves freely. Also, in terms of transport, the 192T's base folds up and locks easily, so it's nice and compact. So if you choose between the two monitors, both are samsung, both are great, both are the same...just the 192T has in my opinion, a better physical layout. On a side note, if you are attempting dual monitors, side by side, the 192T has a wider frame around the screen, so there would be a larger gap, just to keep in mind. Hope this helps =) Good luck!

You forgot one important thing to some people (well to me atleast), the 191T/191T+ can be used in a landscape mode by rotating the monitor. Which the 192T cannot.

I like my samsung 193s but it definetly ghosts too much for games.

My Samsung 213T does not ghost even though its a 25ms. One exception, Unreal 2003 when in a serious frag fest but your eyses adjust so well you dont notice after awhile.

Yes, another good note on Samsung LCDs. Next to Dell's LCDs, they are the best LCDs on the market as far as price/no ghosting goes. I have a 172T right now (wall-mounted w00t!) and it is a kick-ass monitor. Seriously, I can not notice ghosting at all, and if there is, my eyes adjust or whatever so that I can't notice it. And I am very picky when it comes to being perfect... ;)

Back