19-inch LCD

mis3

Gawd
I am looking for a 19-inch LCD. Any suggestions, Sony, Samsung, NEC...

I'm looking for one myself. Right now the Viewsonic VP191b is what i've got my eye on. Its a really nice LCD.

I have the Dell 1901FP (2 of them). I've had no problems with them. But I know some people here don't like them.

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 191T Plus and I am returning it. And I have vowed to NEVER buy a Samsung product ever again! Except for maybe their little laser printers.... I love 'em....

This monitor is factory defective and the problems are intermittent, so I had to get Samsung Canada to look at videos I captured of the monitor when it was acting up, it took a few weeks to get them to acknowledge there was a problem. It was a MAJOR pain in the butt to get this done. So Samsung support sucks for Canada.

This monitor is rated at a 25ms response time, but it sure does not seem like it, it's pretty bad for games like UT2K3.

For general work and browsing it is fine though.

Weirdly I have about 7-8 dead pixels on this but I did not notice any of them till I ran LCD test. Does not seem to bother me I guess.

I am replacing this with a VP171B, I would get the VP191b, but I want a monitor good for gaming, so I will get the one most recommended here, the Viewsonic VP171B.

Originally posted by Mouser
I have a Samsung SyncMaster 191T Plus and I am returning it. And I have vowed to NEVER buy a Samsung product ever again! Except for maybe their little laser printers.... I love 'em....

This monitor is factory defective and the problems are intermittent, so I had to get Samsung Canada to look at videos I captured of the monitor when it was acting up, it took a few weeks to get them to acknowledge there was a problem. It was a MAJOR pain in the butt to get this done. So Samsung support sucks for Canada.

This monitor is rated at a 25ms response time, but it sure does not seem like it, it's pretty bad for games like UT2K3.

For general work and browsing it is fine though.

Weirdly I have about 7-8 dead pixels on this but I did not notice any of them till I ran LCD test. Does not seem to bother me I guess.

I am replacing this with a VP171B, I would get the VP191b, but I want a monitor good for gaming, so I will get the one most recommended here, the Viewsonic VP171B.

thats too bad, I have enjoyed all my samsung monitors including my samsung 193s 19 inch LCD.

NEC 1980SX, I'm loving it. It was a gift but the 1960 is nearly the same, just doesn't pivots.

I've used a lot of the Samsung 191T series and I think this one looks a good deal better (image quality).

I was able to get the samsung 19, 21.3(too much money) a viewsonic and an envison 9110 all in my office at the same time. I like lot's of things about all of them but I chose the Envision 9110.

No off angle issues at all. Color tracks almost perfect. Blacks are black. I can play UT2003 with no issues. No bright spots, no dead pixels etc. I liked it so much I got two.

The samsung was good, but the colors were way to vivid, no way to adjust for photoshop gama corrections.

Give it a try, you might like it as much as I do.

BillR

Oh, I'm using a radeon 9800 pro, digital out on one, 8500 all in wonder digital out on the other. TV looks great too.:D

Back