18 button gaming mouse?

WOW. I've always wanted to know why more gaming mice didn't have a ton of buttons...but this is way overkill. Unless you use it for a really long time, I can't see all of those buttons being intuitive.
Personally, I like the idea of a mouse with 4 finger buttons, 2 thumb triggers, a scroll wheel, and maybe a forefinger slider like some Logitech mice have.

Because people don't want to hit the wrong button by accident; I think it could be good for some games, but unnecessary for most. I like the idea of more buttons but those of us with ogre fingers can't function well with something made for an elven flamenco guitarist.

Because people don't want to hit the wrong button by accident; I think it could be good for some games, but unnecessary for most. I like the idea of more buttons but those of us with ogre fingers can't function well with something made for an elven flamenco guitarist.

I think even people with medium/average sized hands like me would have a tough time with it. Cool, but overkill IMO.

Personally, I like the idea of a mouse with 4 finger buttons, 2 thumb triggers, a scroll wheel, and maybe a forefinger slider like some Logitech mice have.

Not a bad idea. I would like to add Optimus-style OLED screens to each of those four finger buttons. Completely unnecessary, (especially with fingers covering them 95% of the time,) but I'm into electronic excess.

I urge everyone to support this company. WarMouse is making their rebranded, rebuilt from the ground up "Meta" mouse with 18 buttons, an Xbox360 joystick, and they're making it all open source! For Linux users like myself, this is a huge boon. In addition, you won't have to put up with buggy Razer or Logitech software just to get advanced features/drivers of your mouse to work (Logitech isn't really so bad here, and most of their mice work fine with generic drivers, but Razer can be a nightmare!)

I've been following development of the WarMouse Meta (formerly the OpenOfficeMouse), and I'll be preordering in January!

www.warmouse.com
http://warmouse.com/pr121509.html
http://www.warmouse.com/about.html#Specs

Last edited:
I'm interested in the mouse. But I don't think I'd spend more than $50 for it myself. And then only from some where I could get it locally like Best Buy or Fry's Electronics, so that I could easily return it if it turned out badly.

Yeah, 18 buttons is way too many. Look how close together those buttons are! It's like a mini controller rather than a mouse.

A spring-loaded two-button mouse takes at most two finger muscles to use. You can do it unconsciously, you can rest your fingers on the buttons, it's practically an extension of your hand.

A single-axis wheel in the middle adds some concentration - your middle finger needs a pair of muscles for scrollup, a pair for scrolldown, and another one for pressdown. You can still rest your fingers on the buttons, though, and with time you can get used to it.

Something like this requires precise positioning of all your fingers at all times. They can't rest. They can't be pushed without taking care to arch the rest of the finger. Lateral positioning is important.

It's a Bad Idea. Use a keyboard or Nostromo in the other hand, which are designed with a much better tactile response and separation than something like this.

geez, I thought the Naga was overkill - and that thing is pretty ugly, too. Functional? Maybe... but UGLY.

Meh, looks kinda junky. Plus my girlfriend can barely handle my 5 button mouse... always hitting the back button on web pages etc... I can't imagine what this woul do.

Meh, looks kinda junky. Plus my girlfriend can barely handle my 5 button mouse... always hitting the back button on web pages etc... I can't imagine what this woul do.

it'll probably be out the window within seconds..

I've gotten so used to the g5 version 2 (upgraded from an mx518), that I can't stand using mice without the two thumb buttons when i'm browsing the web. I never use the FW/Back buttons of the browser anymore. I use my mouse. Does she have tiny hands or something?

Meh, if I tried using that while playing a FPS, I would die.
Now, in a MMO, it's a totally different story.

Back