Steam Winter Sale is LIVE!

Zombie Driver looks like it could be fun, but I'm not sold on it quite yet.

It's $2.49...

I typically spend more than twice that for lunch. If Zombie Driver provides more than 30 minutes worth of entertainment, it has to be worth two and a half bucks.

I'm downloading the demos for World of Goo and Trine. If I dig them, I'm gonna pick both of those up along with Zombie Driver.

Anyone here purchase Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood? Looks kinda neat for $1.39.

same for me... anyone played it?

It feels a lot Like gta 2, exept you run over zombies and use some sort of vehicle mounted weapons or ramming them to kill em, as you run zombies over if there's too many in front your vehicle slows down, then they attempt to kick and throw stuff at it to dmg it. Played a few levels and it's a fun game so far, worth my $2.50

I bought it, it's pretty fun. There is supposed to be a multiplayer update coming in the future which would add a lot to the game.

Did you finish it? The description says "a small campaign" and I was just wondering how short it was...

Regarding Zombie Driver, is it just endless zombies or can you actually clear an area?

And I can't get the World of Goo demo to launch at all. The process shows up in Task Manager but the game never launches. Any tricks to getting it working?

edit: Nevermind, changing the .exe's compatibility mode to WinXP fixed it. Time to see what this bugger's all about. :)

yep im sure that 99 cents will go a long way toward making the revolutionary games of the future. :D

I dont know how all of this works, but look at it this way. Sure, the money they make when selling it for $.99 is not much. Even if 10,000 people buy it, that's only $9,900 which wouldn't go too far. However, What they can do is go to investors and say "Look, we sold 10,000 copies just recently, if you help fund us we will make a great game". Now, I dont know if they do that or not, but it's always a possibility.

I dont know how all of this works, but look at it this way. Sure, the money they make when selling it for $.99 is not much. Even if 10,000 people buy it, that's only $9,900 which wouldn't go too far. However, What they can do is go to investors and say "Look, we sold 10,000 copies just recently, if you help fund us we will make a great game". Now, I dont know if they do that or not, but it's always a possibility.

I'm not sure how metascore works, but perhaps that would also go up with the new influx of buyers at the $0.99 price. I'm sure the game is worth at least $0.99 no matter how bad someone says it is...

The metascore is an average score based on multiple editor reviews. It's not affected by sales.

I'm not sure how metascore works, but perhaps that would also go up with the new influx of buyers at the $0.99 price. I'm sure the game is worth at least $0.99 no matter how bad someone says it is...

I believe the Metascore is based on a review rather than it's popularity, but I could be wrong. Then again good games tend to be more popular, so there's gotta be some kind of correlation there.

Its an average of professional review e.g. IGN, Gamespot.

Can't wait for tomorrow's deals, I stopped myself from buying more today

So far, I've bought:

Torchlight
STALKER: Clear Sky
Lucasarts Collection
Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! combo

the latter looks like it might be amusing if you're a fan of old adventure games. And it's only $2.50, so what the hell?

Still thinking about HoI 3 and a few others.

I dunno but I am tempted to get borderlands, I am still holding back because it might not make it to the list of daily game sale.

I dunno but I am tempted to get borderlands, I am still holding back because it might not make it to the list of daily game sale.
yeah I am holding back on it too. I got a sick feeling seeing all these games that I paid 30-50 bucks for on sale for like 10 bucks or so. borderlands is a new game so I doubt it will go under 30 bucks though.

I would like to see Race On drop below $15.

What they charge for basically a glorified add-on is ridiculous !

Come on Steam !

After seeing these 1 day sales its hard to jump the gun so quickly.
Lots of people picked up Torchlight for $9.99 then whaddya know...$4.99. Yup I grabbed it :D

My To buy list -

Definately
Braid $2.49
Stalker: CS $4.99

Probably
Killing Floor $9.99 (i have a feeling this is going to be $4.99 on 1 day)

Deciding
Dead Space $10.66
Witcher: EE $13.50 (I didnt like the combat system and sold it off but I kinda wanna give it a second try)

Games I already owned but wish I didn't :D

Mirrors Edge $4.99
Stalker: SoC $1.99
DoD:S $2.49

So glad I got King's Bounty: Armored Princess. I finally got around to playing it today and I ended up playing for over 7 hours! It's already become one of my favorite games of the year.

Did anyone else grab it?

Ouch, I missed on the previous days sales, but I made a killing today. :D Finally took the first plunge to go all digital on my games. I am satisfied though - all said and done I got 61 games at an average of $4.14 per game. Only ones I am still hoping to pickup are GTA4 and BF2 Complete. Merry Christmas to me!!

Ghostbusters: The Videogame 6.79 USD
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena 6.79 USD
Act of War: Direct Action 6.79 USD
Act of War: High Treason 6.79 USD
Indigo Prophecy 3.39 USD
Splintercell: Chaos Theory 4.99 USD
Prince of Persia Pack 22.49 USD
Eidos Collector Pack 49.99 USD
Splinter Cell 4.99 USD
SplinterCell: Double Agent 4.99 USD
THQ Complete Pack 74.99 USD
Driver: Parallel Lines 4.99 USD
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4.99 USD
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 4.99 USD
Beyond Good and Evil 4.99 USD
Zombie Driver 2.49 USD
ToCA Race Driver 3 7.49 USD
FlatOut 2.49 USD
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (ROW) 4.99 USD
Delta Force: Platinum Pack 9.99 USD
Runaway, A Road Adventure 4.99 USD
Runaway, The Dream of the Turtle 7.49 USD
Subtotal 252.88 USD

Ouch, I missed on the previous days sales, but I made a killing today. :D Finally took the first plunge to go all digital on my games. I am satisfied though - all said and done I got 61 games at an average of $4.14 per game. Only ones I am still hoping to pickup are GTA4 and BF2 Complete. Merry Christmas to me!!
well unfortunately you missed the $7.49 GTA 4 deal.

There was a bf2 complete deal a few days back as well, but it's too late for regrets :p

Damn missed out on GTA4, oh well beat in on PS3 already.

Thinking about that GRAW pack.

Anybody want to go in on the 4 pack for L4D2?

Last edited:
Trine - way cooler then i thought it would be, reminds me of lost vikings.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Ghostbusters: The Videogame
Oddworld Abes Oddysee and Exoddus package
Braid
Rome: Total War Gold
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Eidos Collector Pack

i had a bunch more in my cart but when i seen the total i had to back it down to around 90$. but it was 90$ that if not for sale would have not been spent on games.

Ghostbusters: The Videogame 6.79 USD
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena 6.79 USD
Act of War: Direct Action 6.79 USD
Act of War: High Treason 6.79 USD
Indigo Prophecy 3.39 USD
Splintercell: Chaos Theory 4.99 USD
Prince of Persia Pack 22.49 USD
Eidos Collector Pack 49.99 USD
Splinter Cell 4.99 USD
SplinterCell: Double Agent 4.99 USD
THQ Complete Pack 74.99 USD
Driver: Parallel Lines 4.99 USD
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4.99 USD
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 4.99 USD
Beyond Good and Evil 4.99 USD
Zombie Driver 2.49 USD
ToCA Race Driver 3 7.49 USD
FlatOut 2.49 USD
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (ROW) 4.99 USD
Delta Force: Platinum Pack 9.99 USD
Runaway, A Road Adventure 4.99 USD
Runaway, The Dream of the Turtle 7.49 USD
Subtotal 252.88 USD

WOW.... youre covered for at least 2 years...

Man I hope today's 24hr deals are good, the last few days have been underwhelming for me at least. :eek: (But it has given my bank account some breathing room. :D)

I just may jump on the complete PopCap collection for my g/f. She loves those puzzle games and it also happens to include Plants vs. Zombies (an absolutely addictive experience) - at about $1.67 per game, me thinks would be perfect fit. Unsurprisingly, Steam is completely wrecking my budget. :p

And today's deals are:

Killing Floor - $4.99
Space Siege - $4.99
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $7.49
The Orange Box - $14.99 (okay, seriously, who doesn't have this at this point?)
Prey - $2.25

I am actually biting on at least 3 here..believe it or not I do not have the Box and I cannot wait to apply that insane MOD to it.
I want BO Paradise and maybe Killing Floor.
A shame Prey does not work on 3D Vision...very rare that a game does not work but no open gl support yet so expected.

Last edited:
Good deal on Orange Box, only thing I don't have is Episode 2, Portal, TF2, and whatever Lost Coast is. Meh. :/

Again...own 2 of the 5, don't care about 2 of the 5, and the final one is a minor curiosity that I probably won't get because of the back log.

Meh.

Killing Floor is worth $5. Orange Box for $15 is $5 too much. But I don't think Prey is worth 2 bits, let alone $2.25.

All I want is Fallout 3 GOTY for $20. Is that too much to ask?

I can't see myself getting into space siege. Has it gotten better with patches?

Awesome! I have been waiting for Prey to go on sale for a long time. I loved playing it a couple of years ago. All I need is a bigger deal on Bioshock, Oblivion, and Gerry's Mod and I am completely set for games that I have ever wanted on Steam.

Is Killing Floor any good?

Back