Steam Winter Sale is LIVE!

Last night I got:

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Stalker: Clear Sky
Shadowgrounds
Shadowgrounds: Survivor
X2: The Threat
X3: Reunion

all for just under $20. Nothing today I'm biting on, but hopefully more cool stuff tomorrow.

For those wanting the Red Faction pack (and I'm too lazy to go through 14 pages to see if this was posted already)

Anyone notice if you buy the Red Faction games individually, it comes out to ten bucks cheaper than the package holiday price? LOL!!!! Oops. Steam Package Fail.

For those wanting the Red Faction pack (and I'm too lazy to go through 14 pages to see if this was posted already)

Anyone notice if you buy the Red Faction games individually, it comes out to ten bucks cheaper than the package holiday price? LOL!!!! Oops. Steam Package Fail.

Haha, I did notice that right away. Also after watching some videos and reviews I held back on purchasing Red Faction Pack. Maybe next year if it's super cheap :D

Yeah this is pretty common as Steam wasn't coded to account for huge mass sales like the Winter Sale. Also... Red Faction Guerrilla is on a one-day special which throws it off even more. Always remember to do the math before you buy!

I wish The Elder Scrolls Game of the Year Pack Deluxe would appear on the daily deals. I have the retail games but would like them on steam. $33.74 seems a bit too expensive to me.

That's due to RFG being one of the one-day sales items... It'll go back to normal tomorrow, and then the package would be the better value...

eeeh **** Red faction. I can't do it. I'm watching plays through on youtube and it just looks soooo boring.

Can anyone tell me what the final sale was last year? I could swear they put a bunch of stuff on sale people already bought.

as many of you who bought the edios collection are surely finding out now, Thief DS does not run in vista or win 7.

sorry, would have warned earlier, but just saw the thread.

eeeh **** Red faction. I can't do it. I'm watching plays through on youtube and it just looks soooo boring.

Can anyone tell me what the final sale was last year? I could swear they put a bunch of stuff on sale people already bought.

don't buy this game RED FACTION GUERILLA SUCKS !!!
i can't even patch it !!!

don't buy this game RED FACTION GUERILLA SUCKS !!!
i can't even patch it !!!

Look on the steam forums, there's a work around to it.

It involves first alt tabbing out of the game and setting the process to below normal priority and then it will at least let Xbox live update. Once this is done the patch will fail, then you have to make a shortcut to the rfgupdater and run it manually.

My RFG finished downloading, hopefully I'll have time to play later today. Do you need the patch for online play? Fix a lot of problems?

Okay this is seriously ridiculous. Torchlight is now $5! I was kinda sad that it dropped to $10, but really.

^ Don't feel so bad I paid $18 for it and I thought it was worth more than I paid. I wasn't expecting it get get cheaper than $10 though.

3 mins left until new deals. :)

My RFG finished downloading, hopefully I'll have time to play later today. Do you need the patch for online play? Fix a lot of problems?
I would try it without the patch first. I never really had any of the bugs even before the patch and I played in both Vista and 7. the only issue I had was the turret over sensitivity prob and all that required me to do was knock down the sensitivity on my mouse. luckily I have an mx518 that lets me do that on the fly or the turret issue would have been a bigger prob.

Universe at War: Earth Assault $4.99
Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition $48.74
Star Wars Premier Pack $24.99 (was $9.99 within first minutes)
Torchlight $4.99
LUMINES™ Base+Advance Pack $2.99
Dragon Age: Origins $37.49
Prototype™ $19.99

Last edited:
new ones are up
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Lol, I'm just buying Torchlight now because it would be ridiculous not to at 5 bucks.

If I didn't already have most of those SW games and Torchlight, I'd be all over them. Now the question is...to Dragon Age or to not?

lame! the star wars deal went from 75% off to 33% off... i won't be picking it up now :(

if you don't have Dragon Age, now there is no excuse not to own it

now I'll buy torchlight since it is down to $5

I wonder if the Star Wars deal is suppose to be for another day then or just a mistake they caught immediately?

Yeah lame I just bought torchlight last week sigh whatever. No other deals I'm interested in. Already got republic commando at $5 and Universe at War at $5. beat lumines on psp so meeh and I'm vaguely interested in Jedi Academy but I dont think it's aged well so I'm gonna pass.

DO NOT BUY BATTLEFRONT! REGRET REGRET REGRET!

gimme a deal on Alone in the Dark, Silent hill, and FEAR 2 you bastiches

Prototype is definitely not worth $20. Universe at war ive been keeping an eye on for it to go to bargain bin price and at $5 its worth it

lame! the star wars deal went from 75% off to 33% off... i won't be picking it up now :(
yep many people were waiting for the sales today and jumped on that 9.99 deal but it was pulled about 3-4 minute later. on the Steam forums they are closing any thread that mentions it.

Back