Seen this micro device?

vr.

Supreme [H]ardness
Moved to a new apartment. Swept the patio and found this micro device tucked in where the siding meets the patio concrete.

There's no print on the 8 pin chip. The 4 pin above it actuates like a button. The device reminds me of those novelty greeting cards that you pushed a button in the card and get a low quality sound bite.

So far, Google searching hasn't given me anything good. What do you think?

20230801_105445.jpg
20230801_105408.jpg

looks like its the guts from a dog collar blinker
edit: now that im home ill add more. the 8 pin chip is the led controller, for colour and/or pattern. the 4 pin "chip" IS a button, for the colour/pattern/on/off. the little "2 pin chips" in the corners are the leds. the 2 pin smd marked "R1" im not sure aboot but it could be a cap...

Last edited:
Reactions: vr.
like this
Did you press and button and see what it does? That's what i would have done first. I have similar things at work i get free sometimes from pcb houses. Some of the chinese ones really like to show case that they can make blinkie light boards. Looks like a cheap 8bit microcontroller to flash the leds. Though with that 33ohm resistor, that seems like a bit more current than that battery could sustain unless they are just using it as a inrush or esd protection.

Back