Official PS5 Thread

Couldn't get my Katana soundbar to work might have shorted something with auxillary cable so I'm using the optical cable now that work flawless. Originally couldn't get optical to work for some reason. I'm wondering if I should unplug my soundbar while not in use because I run a humidifier daily.

I never tried HDMI Arc before on anything when I get home going to Take extra Hdmi cable and connect it to my Katana soundboard I had optical and the Aux was hit and miss. I guess Hdmi audio sound better than optical I know optical is kinda plain sound but loud.

Update: I tired it but it doesn't work for some reason I thought would work but it doesn't work maybe it's not a HDMI Arc port on my LG oled monitor the Optical doesn't sound bad so I'll keep using that. The Aux cable I was using couldn't drive my Soundbar loud enough at well for some reason.

Last edited:
Is it worth to get metro exodus for $6 right now ? I have PS5 4k HDR television lol. So bored with gaming don't usually play shooters anymore but this looks great. Opinions ?
Sorry, just saw this. Dunno if it's still on sale or you prolly already got it, but it's definitely worth $6 on any platform if you like those open world narrative-driven type games. For me, I'm a sucker for these post apocalyptic and rustic style settings and also horror/suspenseful type games, so I got really into the Metro series and Exodus was a great entry in it. I played on PC just for the advanced RT implementation at the time, but honestly it didn't look much better with it and the Enhanced edition is a much better implementation of RT than the original. But you're not really missing out on anything still playing on console, so I say go for it. 😎

Anywho, think I'll be picking up a PSVR2 next month as a b-day present for myself and for my son to play when he's home from the hospital (if you're in Genmay, you know the story). Anyone else pick one up at launch and still using it routinely and enjoying it?

Finally got a end table for my PS5 or a Plastic Plano 3 tire stand I owned for years I was balancing it on a bunch of totes old PS3 console and cardboard boxes for the longest time. Now I actually have clearance for the Disk Drive so when I mistaking hit the eject button I'll have room to put the disk back in. Walmart didn't h ave anything I could really use then had one table but the bottom would be wasted space wanted somewhere to put the games. I see Amazon has Night Stands with USB ports on them.

PlayStation Showcase broadcasts live next Wednesday, May 24 at 1pm PT

The show will run a bit over an hour, focusing on PS5 and PS VR2 games in development from top studios from around the world...expect a glimpse at several new creations from PlayStation Studios, as well as spellbinding games from our third-party partners and indie creators...

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/0...ve-next-wednesday-may-24-at-1pm-pacific-time/

PlayStation Showcase broadcasts live next Wednesday, May 24 at 1pm PT

pretty disappointing Showcase...I was expecting some surprise reveals...mostly everything was as expected...only real surprise was the Dragon's Dogma 2 gameplay footage

pretty disappointing Showcase...I was expecting some surprise reveals...mostly everything was as expected...only real surprise was the Dragon's Dogma 2 gameplay footage
Yea this was a turd of a show case. This why people needa to stop hyping themselves up for this crap.

Yea this was a turd of a show case. This why people needa to stop hyping themselves up for this crap.

I was hoping to see some teases for the upcoming Wolverine game, new Naughty Dog game, Last of Us multiplayer, or even the shocker of all shockers- a Bloodborne remake/remaster reveal...we got nothing...Spider-Man 2 gameplay footage didn't blow me away either...

Last edited:
The issue is that leaks are frequent nowadays. And often come way before official reveals. Snake Eater shoulda been a huge surprise.

The issue is that leaks are frequent nowadays. And often come way before official reveals. Snake Eater shoulda been a huge surprise.

I also think that these big Showcase events are bunched up together so developers/publishers need to choose where to reveal their big games...Summer Game Fest is coming up in a few weeks and I'm expecting that to be a lot better

Twitter was hyping this thing up like it's the second coming of christ. Yea, i think maybe 4 or 5 games i'll buy in there. Bunch of meh. The handheld is just confusing as all hell to me. Playstation TV part 2. Maybe it's useful in Tokyo with tiny houses and 1 televions, but crap, tv's are almost free now, and i'm sure it will be 299 just buy your kid a tv for his room and move the playstation in there. *shrug*

It's pretty crazy how Naughty Dog has managed to string along TLoU multiplayer for 3 years now (since Part 2 launched) with only a couple concept photos to show for it so far still. Them not even mentioning it at this showcase is insane. I have to imagine this is a case of aggregous scope creep at this point and they can't decide what they want in the game, considering they still can't share any actual content from it.

Last edited:
It's pretty crazy how Naughty Dog has managed to string along TLoU multiplayer for 3 years now (since Part 2 launched) with only a couple concept photos to show for it so far still. Them not even mentioning it at this showcase is insane. I have to imagine this is a case of aggregous scope creep at this point and they can't decide what they want in the game, considering they still can't share any actual content from the game.
I'm hoping that it's turned into a full fledged sequel at this point, if it's just mp I'll be disappointed

‘Last of Us’ Multiplayer Video Game Faces Setbacks at Sony

Bloomberg's Jason Schreier published a new report, painting a much bleaker picture of The Last of Us multiplayer game...according to his sources, the project's team has been scaled down following a negative evaluation made by Bungie on the game's ability to keep players engaged over time

The Last of Us multiplayer game hasn't been canceled, but its direction is being reassessed...it's fair to imagine any potential release date to be relatively far away...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...multiplayer-video-game-faces-setbacks-at-sony

Naughty Dog also posted a tweet today (seemingly in response to Jason Schreier's report) asking for players to be patient...

https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/1662166716892479488

‘Last of Us’ Multiplayer Video Game Faces Setbacks at Sony

Bloomberg's Jason Schreier published a new report, painting a much bleaker picture of The Last of Us multiplayer game...according to his sources, the project's team has been scaled down following a negative evaluation made by Bungie on the game's ability to keep players engaged over time

The Last of Us multiplayer game hasn't been canceled, but its direction is being reassessed...it's fair to imagine any potential release date to be relatively far away...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...multiplayer-video-game-faces-setbacks-at-sony

Naughty Dog also posted a tweet today (seemingly in response to Jason Schreier's report) asking for players to be patient...

https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/1662166716892479488
Of course they should take as much time as they need on the game to ensure it's as good as possible. But the lack of transparency is just concerning. Esp. after 4 years of development and they haven't shown anything they've worked on yet and have barely even discussed the scope of the game. Which leads me to believe they're still not even sure what they want from the game at this point.

If I had to speculate, they're probably struggling with the sales model of the game; like they were initially planning on making a traditional standalone game at a set price, but now that Sony is pushing Live Service games, they're struggling with how to adapt it to a free to play model. Which would certainly change virtually all game and progression mechanics (for the worse undoubtedly). So they're trying to develop a best of both worlds scenario, or even struggling with committing to either sales method at this point.

I've been holding out on playing Bloodborne even though I own a digital copy because I was hoping a graphics update would happen...... seems to be not coming. Should I just play the damn game on 1080p 30fps? Never played it before.

I've been holding out on playing Bloodborne even though I own a digital copy because I was hoping a graphics update would happen...... seems to be not coming. Should I just play the damn game on 1080p 30fps? Never played it before.
Yup, just play it if you have nothing else in your queue at the moment. They're definitely not patching or updating it in any capacity at this point considering it never even got PS4 Pro support. Even if they announce a remaster today, it's not coming for another year minimum. It's not much, but on PS5 at least the frame drops from 30 will be much less noticeable (but probably still exist) than they were on PS4.

Picked up my first stand for console controllers it's kinda like this one but a metal version. Should help clean up the clutter was just looking for a stand for my VZR headphones and PS5 and Xbox controller but if the Xbox controller is too difficult to remove I'll just put my PS5 controller on it really could use two stands like this.

Screenshot_20230611-071430.png

Game is only rated 88 what a pile of garbage PS5 is going on ebay

;) Looking forward to playing! Assuming it doesn't lock up my PS5 every 2 minutes like the demo did.

I didn’t realize FF16 is coming out tomorrow. I haven’t watched anything on it but I will pick it up, I’m pretty excited even though 15 was a bit weird.

The publisher that gave it a 60 also gave battlefield 2042 a 90.

Yes, a fucking 90.
Were you referring to Eurogamer? I just got through reading that review. It boiled down to the game not meeting the reviewer's own expectations for the game instead of directly critiquing what the game actually is. Too many "professional" reviewers are now bringing in personal agendas to the job rather than just innate bias. Polygon's review isn't scored, but it read similarly. If anything, I do get entertainment out of reading their pieces.

Were you referring to Eurogamer? I just got through reading that review. It boiled down to the game not meeting the reviewer's own expectations for the game instead of directly critiquing what the game actually is. Too many "professional" reviewers are now bringing in personal agendas to the job rather than just innate bias. Polygon's review isn't scored, but it read similarly. If anything, I do get entertainment out of reading their pieces.
Some techblog on metacritic. I think, and have for ages, that metacritic scores are way overinflated, but a 60 is pretty bad.

Performance isn't improved over the demo version. Framerate is all over the place in performance mode, but seems to hold mostly steady at 60 in battle. Quality is a smooth 30 FPS throughout. FSR artifacts plague both rendering modes, but it's really bad in performance mode. Shadow draw distance seems to be rather low in quality mode. Loading times are slow by PS5 standards.

Looking forward to playing! Assuming it doesn't lock up my PS5 every 2 minutes like the demo did.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU... Looks like some users are still getting crashes with the full game:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXVI/comments/14fvjmt/any_one_get_the_ps5_crash_while_playing/
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXVI/comments/14ftv07/game_crashing/

Is it possible that this game is pushing the PS5 harder than any other titles and revealing hardware faults in a small percentage of PS5s? That's my worry... I really don't want to have to buy a new PS5 just to play this game.

Last edited:
WHY IS THE CAMERA SHAKING?

That 60 might be deserved after all. The first 10 minutes of this game are not good, the character animations are awful, and the camera shake. What kind of moron thought that was a good idea.

Seems like shitting on decent games is cool still. I've never played a FF game other than a few hours of 7 and 7 remake and am interested in 16 for the story I've seen so far.

Seems like shitting on decent games is cool still. I've never played a FF game other than a few hours of 7 and 7 remake and am interested in 16 for the story I've seen so far.

I know there is a journalist difficulty in the game, so the guy spamming one button was probably doing that for the memes.

FFF16 is a solid game. I don't think it's a 9/10 and on that same note 6/10 is really harsh. My two cents.

FFF16 is a solid game. I don't think it's a 9/10 and on that same note 6/10 is really harsh. My two cents.
So far I agree. Story average. Graphics pretty. level design and attention to details all very good - the amount of detail on some of the stuff like the armored chocobos is really impressive. The characters are well below par for an ff game unfortunately. The combat is interesting though- I'm interested to see how that fleshes out as my muscle memory adapts- maybe hard mode is really where this game shines, sucks you can't play hard mode from start. The irregular frame rate really messes with the combat though. Maybe some patches or a ps5 pro or a PC port are what the combat system deserves.

I need to play more, stuck in diablo for a while, but man the character animations and the violent shaking in the first section were pretty jarring. I'm sure i'll get used to it in the open world.

Based on the character animations and some other stuff though, even in the first 20 minutes, i looks like corners were cut :(

I need to play more, stuck in diablo for a while, but man the character animations and the violent shaking in the first section were pretty jarring. I'm sure i'll get used to it in the open world.

Based on the character animations and some other stuff though, even in the first 20 minutes, i looks like corners were cut :(

This game doesn't tie Diablo 4's shoes and I'm saying that as someone who really isn't big into isometric games.

I just saw today that I can get a PS5 for around 300k IHG hotel points and I have about 500k, so I’m thinking about it! I’ve never owned any PlayStation in my life but I kind of want to play Demon’s Souls. I’m sure I’d enjoy Horizon:FW and GOW:R as well.

Back