Minor Dip in PPD Coming: Explanation

pjkenned

[H]ard|Gawd
Team,

I know we are battling EVGA. I will have a minor dip in PPD coming in the near future. Four Opteron 6166 HE's just sold. My plan is to use the proceeds either four faster dodecas now or Interlagos shortly. I will pull these four from dual dodeca rigs but it is going to limit my max potential ppd to around 1m. As many know, I want to get down to three 4P boxes in the near future because I'm in California so having space for a folding farm is expensive. The plus side is that this sets me up for coming back with more ppd in the somewhat near future.

Cheers,
Patrick

That assumes 6903's. I also *need* to figure out how to copy Linux WUs to a different box. Two machines (at least) are going down tonight so I have to figure out what to do with the WUs. Is there a machinedependent.dat type thing on the linux client?

If I know what happened, the team ppd will climb.

You sold the system to an 0ld guy stuck in his Ways..... correct? :p

Fold with what ya got, when ya have it! Fold on!

In windows, if you just copy the entire FAH folder to a new box it'll pick up just fine.

Are you sure you cant wait for the current WU to finish?

If I know what happened, the team ppd will climb.

You sold the system to an 0ld guy stuck in his Ways..... correct? :p

Fold with what ya got, when ya have it! Fold on!

Sadly no. He was interested in a 2P board though.

The plus side is that if I get more dodecas they will be faster (e.g. more ppd) and if I wait for Interlagos, those may be faster also.

He might be interested in a 4p if it's available... Runs off to check PMs...

He might be interested in a 4p if it's available... Runs off to check PMs...

No 6166 HE 4P available (for now but that may change in the next 2-3 weeks.)

Do have another 2P combo with a cool Tyan board up in the FS now.

In windows, if you just copy the entire FAH folder to a new box it'll pick up just fine.

Are you sure you cant wait for the current WU to finish?

Windows stores the machine ID in the registry - isn't this a problem? - like will work but you risk losing the bonus points? Memory is Hazy.

/excuses patrick for adorable apology for only doing PPD that would have been #1 six months ago. :cool:

Windows stores the machine ID in the registry - isn't this a problem? - like will work but you risk losing the bonus points? Memory is Hazy.
Your memory is probably better than mine. I could be referring to a transfer I did for standard smp units several client versions ago, for all I remember. All I know is, I did it.

Back